Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Okay so, here in NC we're required to complete a Senior Project for graduation. Sooo my girlfriend's father happened to have a motorcycle that had been sitting in his basement for 20 years. Oh and what was left of a parts bike.. including a new rebuilt block =]. So I tossed the bikes on the back of my truck drove it home and now it sits in my barn. Waiting to be fixed. Waiting for me to get people to help in fixing it :biggrin:. It has a brand new paint job... "Fire Mist Red"... But to be quite honest it looks pink lol.

Okay so far I've bought a new air filter assembly, and a new battery. Unfortunately my carburetors need a rebuild kit and I'm not sure where to get one (help me?) I'm sure I'll have many more questions but I figure I'll start it with the carbs =] thanks in advance.

Oh also my sidecover is cracked. Now I have all the pieces so a fiberglass copy is possible but is there any place I can go about getting a replacement? thanks =]

Once I make some more posts I'll put up some pix :thumbsup:

Oh also, the block that was on it has had a complete rebuild before it was put in storage. And it needs a new wiring harness. I have an electrical manual but is there somewhere I can buy a new harness?

Anybody? :smiley_mornincoffee

·
Pope of Dope
84 Posts
Tbh, the person WAS mitchberry but his baby just ****ted on him. I don't think he otta give up. They are beautiful bikes.

Just use some PVC pipe or something man. The harness can be halfassed. What really matters is you get the correct wiring diagram and follow your P's & Q's. Once that is sorted out try and turn it over and let us know how it goes. MOAR PIXZ

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Tbh, the person WAS mitchberry but his baby just ****ted on him. I don't think he otta give up."

What the hell are you talkin about here? :confused: lol

And MOAR PIX? mmk I'll roll her out in the sun and shine her up tomorrow ;)

·
Pope of Dope
84 Posts
mitchberry, he's a member on this site. T500 expert among others. They'll find you however diligence is rewarded.

·
Banned
4,381 Posts
Have you tried a Titan forum?
There are a few of them and one of the members may very well have a harness to sell for not much money. :thumbsup:

Eric :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
"mitchberry, he's a member on this site. T500 expert among others. " Ahhh makes sense

Didn't even know what the year was but I guessed 73' from the looks. Anybody know for sure what actual year and letter this baby is? Can you tell me some titan forums to check out =] thnx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome. So do you guys have any idea on where to get a carb rebuild kit? One of the seats in my carb is all scarred up. Looks like someone beat it with a screwdriver.

·
Banned
4,381 Posts
"mitchberry, he's a member on this site. T500 expert among others. " Ahhh makes sense

Didn't even know what the year was but I guessed 73' from the looks. Anybody know for sure what actual year and letter this baby is? Can you tell me some titan forums to check out =] thnx
Have you checked the tag on the steering head?

Eric :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uhm... What kind of engine oil and transmission oil do I need to put in this before I start it? I have a battery in it and I don't suppose I need fork oil to start it. I wanna try out these carbs before I go replacin pieces.

·
Pope of Dope
84 Posts
Two stroke, they sell it at motorcycle shops. Did you drain the old oil yet and place a table spoon of oil in the heads with a fresh set of spark plugs?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well everything on the bike is dry, hasn't had fluid since the rebuild in 90'. Plugs should have never been used. How do I go about putting a tablespoon of oil in the heads? And how do I bleed the oil pump. Also what kind or trans oil do I use? I was told 20w/40

·
Pope of Dope
84 Posts
I don't know about tranny oil. I assume you've gone about finding the correct sources.

There is a nut on the bottom of the bike. Three in fact. The nut closest to the kick start is your safest bet.

Remove the spark plugs and put a little down there. Quickest access to the heads. (Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.)

P.S. - Your a senior brah? Like high school? So am I. Where you at in the states brother?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea man, I'm in North Carolina, and you?

I was lookin at my carbs and I think they'll be fine as is. My left hand needle jet has a little scarring but there aren't any metal burrs or anything that I feel would interfere with the performance.

Not sure if you can see it but...

Also when it comes to filling with oil I hear I need to make sure my oil pump is full with oil too. How to I go about doing that? and does this look correct?

·
Pope of Dope
84 Posts
Yes that does but they may be out of synch. However that doesn't matter right now we just want to the girl to start. We can deal with other stuff running. Looks right to me.

Colorado & California btw.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts