Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am working on a 1972 Yamaha 125 and the bike ran a little bit ago but now it runs like 3-4 time I try to start it up for the sparkplug isn't producing spark and I am getting fed up is this a common thing for Yamaha 125 because I looked a little and didn't find anything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike runs fine once it starts which a coil wouldn't do ill check the wire tonight it lights up with a jump but the bike is essentially dead until it is jumped. Jumping doesn't start it it just provides power to everything. When I turn on the key nothing but when I attach a battery pack it has power I think I need a new battery as well

·
Registered
121 Posts
The bike runs fine once it starts which a coil wouldn't do ill check the wire tonight it lights up with a jump but the bike is essentially dead until it is jumped. Jumping doesn't start it it just provides power to everything. When I turn on the key nothing but when I attach a battery pack it has power I think I need a new battery as well
What model is it, an AT2? If so that bike has magneto ignition and does not need the battery to run. Most common reason for lack of spark on a magneto system is dirty/out of adjustment points. Headlight is also run from its own magneto coil, but horn and brake light run off the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i believe it is the alternator because i fixed a few things and now it runs only for a while if the battery was charged hopefully i can find one cheaply and it is a AT2. it starts on the first kick and will run for about a half an hour or so if the battery has been charging. does anyone know where i can get cheap regulator?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts