Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i would like to say that i am fairly new to motorcycles and i have a little riding experience on small bikes just yesterday i purchased a 1972 kawasaki-f9 from a friend it does run and ride but needs some tlc i rode it this morning and it runs good at first but after i ride like a half mile it seems like it trys to stall when i give it anymore than half throttle if i let off it will start poping again after a second or so do you think its flooding or starving ? also the float bowl leaks fluid out of the relief tube how to i stop the float from over flowing ? and help would be great and if somone knows an free online pdf manual for this bike that would also be very helpful

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
First off i would like to say that i am fairly new to motorcycles and i have a little riding experience on small bikes just yesterday i purchased a 1972 kawasaki-f9 from a friend it does run and ride but needs some tlc i rode it this morning and it runs good at first but after i ride like a half mile it seems like it trys to stall when i give it anymore than half throttle if i let off it will start poping again after a second or so do you think its flooding or starving ? also the float bowl leaks fluid out of the relief tube how to i stop the float from over flowing ? and help would be great and if somone knows an free online pdf manual for this bike that would also be very helpful
Sounds like the carb needs to come off and have a thorough cleaning. If you dont already have an inline fuel filter I personally would add one.
From what I am seeing looks like it only has one carb. Found a kit on E bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/310716212400?lpid=82
Welcome to the forum lots of smart people here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts