Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,051 Posts
Welcome to a great Forum!

Love the H1 and H2 and I spent a lot of time riding both! They were great bikes and I would love to have a new 750!

Thank you for your service.

Sam USAF 1966-1970

Crest Circle Emblem Symbol Logo

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cool post and welcome to the forums ols. A friend had a '73 H1 and yes that bike, like the other Kawa triples, sounded great while accelerating. I had a K S1 350 triple for while that was pretty strong for it's size.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My brand new 1971 Kawasaki H1. The photo was taken at my home in San Jose, Ca. In 1971. I was in the U.S. Navy and getting ready for the long ride to San Diego. View attachment 69858
That was my first street bike.Same color as well.My buddy had a 73 H2 that he bought new.Sqeaked the center cylinder and then had the motor totally done to the nuts for back in the day.These bikes sounded awesome with expansion chambers on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was my first street bike.Same color as well.My buddy had a 73 H2 that he bought new.Sqeaked the center cylinder and then had the motor totally done to the nuts for back in the day.These bikes sounded awesome with expansion chambers on them.
I lost my center cylinder too while getting on it on a hot day. Got it repaired and in ‘73, I traded it in for a 1969 Harley Police Special from San Diego Harley Davidson. They gave me $500 in trade for the Harley.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yep, my S1 stuck the center cylinder at ~ 90mph on a long straight mountain road (leading into a high speed LH sweeper back in '82. Came very close to 'buying the farm' on that one. A narrow water filled dirt drainage ditch that paralleled the paved road kept me from going into a barbed wire fence (I came to a stop still in the ditch with the bike upright believe it or not). Knowing 2-strokes, I pulled the clutch in as fast as I could, but still left ~ a 90 foot rear tire skid mark on the pavement before I got the clutch in and the rear back inline. But it was too late and I just barely ran off the road and into the dirt. A riding buddy who was behind me (and to the inside thankfully) told me that I had just used up my 9th life.

Anyway, sorry for the book.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I lost my center cylinder too while getting on it on a hot day. Got it repaired and in ‘73, I traded it in for a 1969 Harley Police Special from San Diego Harley Davidson. They gave me $500 in trade for the Harley.
Yeah they weren't worth a whole lot.Dealer told me the motor was pretty much done at 10 k.lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts