Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t find a set anywhere! Plenty of ‘71 CB100 side cover emblems, and even one set of CL100S, but no ‘71 CL100 emblems. Anyone have a source? Please and thanks! ?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,658 Posts
Push come to shove if you can't actually find them, you could go to a graphic shop and have them make you a decal. Or print it out on a 3D printer. You could then paint them.

Reactions: BikerSG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I’ve asked my son at college to try making the emblems on a 3D printer. It would be good to know the dimensions, but I think we can estimate based on photos. They’re really hard to find!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Grabbed a set of authentic ‘71 CL100S side cover emblems. My son is using those to do a 3D scan and then 3D print dropping the “S”. I’ll post what the end results look like. It might also be possible to use a small Dremel to grind-off the “S” on the authentic emblems. Already have NOS side covers, and found a restorable ‘71 CL100 tank, so will be sending out parts for paint and powder coating soon. A lot of refurbishing and replacements to do, but looking forward to putting together the bike before fall frost. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update: Grabbed a set of authentic ‘71 CL100S side cover emblems. My son is using those to do a 3D scan and then 3D print dropping the “S”. I’ll post what the end results look like. It might also be possible to use a small Dremel to grind-off the “S” on the authentic emblems. Already have NOS side covers, and found a restorable ‘71 CL100 tank, so will be sending out parts for paint and powder coating soon. A lot of refurbishing and replacements to do, but looking forward to putting together the bike before fall frost. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
2 Posts
BikerSG, I just acquired a 72 CL100, and it's missing the left side cover emblem, Having no luck finding this emblem. Mine has the red triangle under the "CL100". Any help locating this would be appreciated. Shown is my CL100 right side emblem,. Again, missing the left side

·
Registered
8 Posts
BikerSG, I just acquired a 72 CL100, and it's missing the left side cover emblem, Having no luck finding this emblem. Mine has the red triangle under the "CL100". Any help locating this would be appreciated. Shown is my CL100 right side emblem,. Again, missing the left side View attachment 63932
I have the same bike and missing side cover emblems. I did a do it yourself project. I bought a plastic CB100 emblem and cut the B down to make an L. Then I cut the triangle out of sign vinyl. It looks pretty good. I am new here and can’t seem to add a pic. My email is [email protected]. Email me and i will send the picture

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am also in search of 1971 side cover badges, please let me know how you make out, and i will also keep looking on my end, happy new year
i am also in search of 1971 side cover badges, please let me know how you make out, and i will also keep looking on my end, happy new year
check out eBay seller outlet168id they sell the cb100 badges that can be cut down as I did as depicted in my pictures above. They have badges for the 71 cb100 that look like the one you need, that can be cut down. Mine is a 72 cl100. Good luck. Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
check out eBay seller outlet168id they sell the cb100 badges that can be cut down as I did as depicted in my pictures above. They have badges for the 71 cb100 that look like the one you need, that can be cut down. Mine is a 72 cl100. Good luck. Fred
I did just that, now I’ll have to figure out to make that “B” look like a “L”, and not make it look like an amateur did it! Thanks, I can’t believe that as much Honda and reproduction stuff that’s out there, that these are not available anywhere, thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ll try to post a picture of my b to L when I get it done
I used small hand saw from Amazon. Search for origlam magic saw multi purpose handsaw. $6.88 . First I cut it between the B and the one, close to the B. Then clamped it to a small board. Then I cut the humps off the B completely to get the straight edge on the L. Move the L off the edge of the board a little start cutting bottom of the L towards the vertical part of the letter. Using the clamp whenever cutting. Move the letter out a little more and cut the two upper horizontal lines off. I did not glue the CL to the 100 because of the curve on the side cover. I was not successful on the first try. Order the red viny decal at the same time maybe save on shipping if you ask them. Ask for right side, they are different. I may do a YouTube video on this in the future. The vinyl stripping on the gas tank was a serious pain in the butt to make. Traced it on my sign program and cut it out about 5 times to get it right. Applying to the curved tank was even worse. Good luck, any questions call me at 419-551-5468. Glad to help. Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in need of a 1971 side emblem like this for my one, so if you know anywhere I can get in touch with I would be grateful: View attachment 68542
I'm in need of a 1971 side emblem like this for my one, so if you know anywhere I can get in touch with I would be grateful: View attachment 68542
You won’t find any new ones being made, good luck finding old ones, I will be posting pictures of my cl100 soon, I made some cb100 badges into cl badges, they turned out pretty good, not perfect, but will do the trick until I can find the “right “ ones

1 - 20 of 25 Posts