Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions: 1) Anyone have a true ‘71 CL100 gas tank for sale in good condition?, 2) What’s the best way to verify it’s actually a ‘71 tank? Oops - Question 3) Are ‘71 and ‘72 CL100 tanks identical (except for paint and striping)? Please and thanks! ??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick update: Found a restorable ‘71 CL100 gas tank online for a reasonable price. Also, an authentic ‘71 CL100 seat in great shape. Engine runs good, so took the bike down to the frame this week. Now comes the cleaning, buffing, refurbishing, lubing, painting, powder coating, the hunt for OEM replacement parts, etc. With any luck, I’ll get this bike back together in showroom condition and ready to ride before frost returns to MN.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I've procured most of the parts I need and will be sending out all the black pieces for powder coating next week. Painted pieces will be sent to a guy we have here locally who is an absolute magician with Honda authentic paint jobs (in this case, Sapphire Blue). I've cleaned-up, refinished, refurbished or purchased new parts for almost everything else. It's going to be a beautiful authentic restoration when it's done, hopefully in a couple of months!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can’t wait to see it. I’m working on a rustoration right now of a 71 SL125. I want this bike! But it’s a customers bike. By rustoration I mean make it mechanically perfect but leave the aesthetics alone. Over all it’s in good condition but no compression and someone messed with wires... someone who should stay far away from them messed with them...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts