Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a few posts about CL100 projects and look forward to reading/seeing how they’re coming along. This is my first restore. I’ve enjoyed refurbishing parts I can clean-up, and hunting-down and buying replacement parts as-needed. I recently picked-up a used gas tank, but it looks like a ‘72 (flatter sides), not a ‘71. Anybody have a true ‘71 CL100 tank to sell? What is the best way to know the difference between a ‘71 and ‘72 (a lot of sellers online mislabel them too)? Please and thanks! ??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW - I meant: What’s the best way to tell the difference between a ‘71 and ‘72 CL100 gas tank?

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
Looks like that was your posting problem. Sure glad it was that simply.(wipes sweat from forehead)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update: Found a restorable ‘71 CL100 gas tank online for a reasonable price. Also, an authentic ‘71 CL100 seat in great shape. Engine runs good, so took the bike down to the frame this week. Now comes the cleaning, buffing, refurbishing, lubing, painting, powder coating, the hunt for OEM replacement parts, etc. With any luck, I’ll get this bike back together in showroom condition and ready to ride before frost returns to MN.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts