Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was setting up the timing on my titan and was wondering with the new premium fuel i use what i should set it at i wish i could still get the old leaded fuel but just not gonna happen im using a new electrical ignition system the bike has jl race exhaust, pod k/n filters, port and polished bored .50 over any one that has an idea it would be great i know stock is 3.4 mm btdc. thanks again for looking and any help would be great...

·
Premium Member
9,895 Posts
hey guys i was setting up the timing on my titan and was wondering with the new premium fuel i use what i should set it at i wish i could still get the old leaded fuel but just not gonna happen im using a new electrical ignition system the bike has jl race exhaust, pod k/n filters, port and polished bored .50 over any one that has an idea it would be great i know stock is 3.4 mm btdc. thanks again for looking and any help would be great...
I would set it at 3.4 mm BTDC.
When it was new, it was running on leaded fuel. The new premium probably acts in a similar fashion. I can not think of any reason to change it.
While you have the dial gauge out, check the run out at the end of the crank, both sides. Whacking the crank with the BFH, can cause a wobble. This is easy to do with a single, and probably nothing happened with the twin.

UK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks i was thinking the same thing but just wanted some opions on it i'm not worried about the crank i checked it last time i had it apart and it didn't take a BFH to get it off thanks for the reply...

I would set it at 3.4 mm BTDC.
When it was new, it was running on leaded fuel. The new premium probably acts in a similar fashion. I can not think of any reason to change it.
While you have the dial gauge out, check the run out at the end of the crank, both sides. Whacking the crank with the BFH, can cause a wobble. This is easy to do with a single, and probably nothing happened with the twin.

UK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts