Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Suzuki T250-II
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Glad to see you sticking with the manufactured design , instead of deleting a perfectly good system ... Going with premix is not the way to keep that engine running as designed ... , Or for very long ....
Well, I also use pre-mix for the first tank until confirming the system work properly though.

·
Registered
1970 Suzuki T250-II
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Also overhauled the fuel tank switch valve needed replace all of the repair parts. Unfortunately, these are not available anymore and NOS valve is almost $500. Will use compatible valve $15 without vacuum actuator.
Gas Auto part Metal Machine Wood

Nickel Household hardware Auto part Engineering Metal

·
Registered
2009 BMW R1200RT-Patrol
266 Posts
It looks to me like the reserve will come in a lot sooner and last longer than the original.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,
I was born in 1955 and currently reside in San Diego California.
Anyway, I obtained a "barn find" 1970 Suzuki T250-II which was my first high school sweetheart.
I start riding motorcycle when I was 10 but on and off many bikes since then.
Attached is the day 1 and needless to say, it doesn't run.:)
View attachment 76044
Great find, a diamond in the rough! That is going to be fun and rewarding! I'm jealous!

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
474 Posts
25 years ago , people took them to the dealer , / mechanic . When they were " Trusted souls " .. Not many true mechanics anymore ....,..

·
Registered
1970 Suzuki T250-II
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Guys, I need your inputs.
Attached are images of new pistons I received today.
The new one has thinner wall which makes the weight light. This is OK but the exhaust side skirt is tapered.
Does anyone know how this affect? Thank you in advance.

Gas Automotive tire Circle Auto part Metal

Household hardware Cylinder Gas Auto part Nickel

41 - 60 of 96 Posts