Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Suzuki T250-II
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I was born in 1955 and currently reside in San Diego California.
Anyway, I obtained a "barn find" 1970 Suzuki T250-II which was my first high school sweetheart.
I start riding motorcycle when I was 10 but on and off many bikes since then.
Attached is the day 1 and needless to say, it doesn't run.:)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2009 BMW R1200RT-Patrol
248 Posts
I extend a warm welcome to you, your industriousness and your project. I look forward to occasional glimpses into your progress.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
10,139 Posts
Welcome to a great Forum!

I am from your area, born in Southern CA and lived there until 1999 when we moved to SW Missouri, from Hemet. I spent a lot of time at Camp Pendleton Marine base and riding all of CA's beautiful Streets and Dualsport/ adventure bike trails in the local mountains. I particularly miss the ocean, as I was an avid Scuba Diver, deep sea fisherman and Sailor!

Your project is doable but will obviously be a labor of love and take a lot of time but a vintage 250cc Suzuki is worth restoring!

I will never forget my first ride on a brand new Suzuki X6 Hustler-----WOW.

Sam :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1970 Suzuki T250-II
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice project, hope it turns out great. I have the same model in that color as well. I haven't ridden mine in about 10 years though, too many other bikes and projects.
Thank you. Yes, we have a plenty of projects so am I. I just completed a little Honda car ('94 green Del Sol) project and moved on to this.

·
Registered
1970 Suzuki T250-II
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to a great Forum!

I am from your area, born in Southern CA and lived there until 1999 when we moved to SW Missouri, from Hemet. I spent a lot of time at Camp Pendleton Marine base and riding all of CA's beautiful Streets and Dualsport/ adventure bike trails in the local mountains. I particularly miss the ocean, as I was an avid Scuba Diver, deep sea fisherman and Sailor!

Your project is doable but will obviously be a labor of love and take a lot of time but a vintage 250cc Suzuki is worth restoring!

I will never forget my first ride on a brand new Suzuki X6 Hustler-----WOW.

Sam :bigthumb:
These are essentially same but I like the classic style of X6 too.(y)

·
Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum .. Need parts ? I have a new carb , coil , and clutch cable in my parts fridge ..... Keep workin on it ....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome from another SoCal guy. Born in Long Beach, grew up in Garbage, er Garden Grove. My family had many bikes, all enduros, single cylinder and all 2-stroke. One of our favorites was a Suzuki 185. My Dad and I modded it a bit by lowering the engine/frame and adding a 21" wheel in the front. Handled superbly in the Ca desert, where we mostly rode.

Good luck with that project, I am addicted to projects like that, As a teen, I did 99% of work on 4 motorcycles.

·
Registered
1970 Suzuki T250-II
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome from another SoCal guy. Born in Long Beach, grew up in Garbage, er Garden Grove. My family had many bikes, all enduros, single cylinder and all 2-stroke. One of our favorites was a Suzuki 185. My Dad and I modded it a bit by lowering the engine/frame and adding a 21" wheel in the front. Handled superbly in the Ca desert, where we mostly rode.

Good luck with that project, I am addicted to projects like that, As a teen, I did 99% of work on 4 motorcycles.
Thank you. Addicted sounds right word for me too. My first rebuilding motorcycle was CB72 when I was 16. But again, on and off due to school, marriage, raising kids, moving, etc, etc. Now I'm retired and living in the empty nest with my wife, having time for the addiction.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts