Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts

I thought some nachos and chili cheese dip would go good since it's a little cool here tonight. What a party!!! :D :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just a note.
The Brit's refer to "Ground" wires as the "Earth" wire.
Just one of many lingo translations you will learn about on this adventure!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,844 Posts
Great work so far, how do you plan on freeing the carb slide?

I didn't think they made any positive earth bikes.

·
Six-String Jockey
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Critter, what worked like a charm on Indy's 3 stuck carbs was simply the bucket of 'carb cleaner' from NAPA. We'll try that first.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Um, is Ms Bluebelle's headlight covered? I mean with Tiger being all naked and showing everything he's got and all....

·
Six-String Jockey
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Um, is Ms Bluebelle's headlight covered? I mean with Tiger being all naked and showing everything he's got and all....
Notice the strategically placed toolbox? It's directly between The Tiger and Bluebelle.

But . . . *SIGH* . . . I HAVE seen her craning her little headlight a little a few times. Girls will be girls. :wink:

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Looks like fun!

I had a '71 Tiger back in the day. It had been pretty well stripped down by the previous owner though. It was fast but not very pretty or comfortable.

·
Six-String Jockey
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Eye! You're correct . . . it IS fun! There is an instant gratification when you clean up each individual part, and then there is the immense satisfaction when the whole project is complete. I've experienced this several times with the boys in the Stable, but Austin is a newbie and his youthful enthusiasm and wonder are so fun to watch.

·
Registered
325 Posts
We must be a mentally demented group since we enjoy nothing more than tearing apart a complete machine down to its smallest parts just so we can see how it is made. Then spending hours upon hours rebuilding it back to better than new condition!

The only thing better is when we receive a basket case and have to figure out the puzzle of putting it back together (correctly of course) again.

Then to add insult to injury we take it apart again to make improvements that we think are needed!

It just doesn't get any better!

:71baldboy:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
We must be a mentally demented group since we enjoy nothing more than tearing apart a complete machine down to its smallest parts just so we can see how it is made. Then spending hours upon hours rebuilding it back to better than new condition!

The only thing better is when we receive a basket case and have to figure out the puzzle of putting it back together (correctly of course) again.

Then to add insult to injury we take it apart again to make improvements that we think are needed!

It just doesn't get any better!

:71baldboy:
So True!:71baldboy:

1 - 20 of 316 Posts