Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to this site and not sure how it really but I have a 1968 b100p and I'm trying to get it on the road ... Been sitting for 30 years without being started but well preserved!!! I got it running in a few days but it is not getting oil injected !!! Any advice ? I don't know where the injector is and am trying to do everything without pulling the motor apart!! Please help!!!!

·
Vintage Rider
376 Posts
Suzuki's need to have the pump functioning, and will not survive on pre-mix. You will temporarily need to put in about a half gallon of a light pre-mix, about 40:1 to help out some will you get the pump working again. Run the motor only slightly above idle, and hold the pump lever in the wide open throttle position. Of course you must have oil in the tank. Then watch to see if the line has bubbles moving toward the engine. If not there is a pump prime screw you can remove to allow the air to be released. Then repeat the procedure. Your lines should be clear enough to see if oil has begun to move. After it is oiling and cable adjusted per the manual, just add straight fuel to the tank to further dilute the temporary pre-mix. At no time during this procedure rap the motor out, as the main bearings will be destroyed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts