Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Just so you know, the videos you are posting are not public, so they don't show up when someone clicks the link. Youtube might be the best alternative.

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Thanks Dods, I've tried to view them multiple times and got the same thing. I thought it had something to do with my internet service so I just kept trying. I've had that before & an hour to a day or 2 later was able to view things.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
The real video!

Derrr - sorry about that. Please ignore the links above.

Starts on the second kick!!!! not bad for a "froze up bike" that's been sitting since 1970!!!! (yes the gas tank has been cleaned).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iTmTgta3iMs

:biggrin:

After the video was shot she was cleaned up a bit, stock pipes put back on, and NOS shocks added.

I'll update with a photo tomorrow when she is on display at the Autorama Extreme, Detroit!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,949 Posts
Love the ringy-ding-ding of a 2 stroke

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked one of these up myself, though it's in very poor condition. My girlfriend's dad bought it new in 1966. I guess about 15-20 years ago, it "went out" on him, and he let it sit in his back yard under a tree to rot all these years. I feel like I definitely have my work cut out for me.

I come from the land of HD, so this bike is completely alien to me. From a quick lookover though, it looks like it could be a lot of fun to get into and get going again. Problem is, I am clueless as to resources for this thing.

Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction for parts sources (other than ebay), and perhaps manuals?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Test

Just testing
I picked up a 1966 Suzuki T20 X6 Hustler gem a few weeks ago at an estate sale. There wasn't too much information available form the estate sale company about the bike. All they knew was that it has been sitting in the garage for a long time and was "froze up", and had very old gas in the tank. The bike had a 1970's Michigan license plate so it had been legally off the road since then.

I don't think I walked more than two feet out the door before I turned back to purchase the bike. The price was good, and I was two in love with the bike to wait for a phone call to see if it was a good investment or not...guess when you are driving a borrowed pickup truck it makes the decision to purchase a non running bike easier.

The next day the estate sale company called to say they found an envelope with a bunch of bike things - keys and more keys, original owners manual, service punch cards, warranty, title form 1966, tank badges...

Amazingly the bike is a time capsule, everything is there and intact! :)
Needs a good scrub down and a bit of TLC but I plan on keeping her stock.

While de-gunkifying the carb unfortunately a needle jet broke :(

Wanted: Mikuni "Needle Jet", Series 126 size N-6

PHOTOS COMING SOON

·
Registered
11 Posts
A friend gave me this x6

I plan to do a basic "as is resto" just get it running and leave it as is outside a little cleaning. Wish me luck...I do need a clutch perch, anyone know of a after market supplier for one? Got good compression on both cylinders about 117psi.
no spark though, will put new points and condensers in first and take it from there, I'm brand new in the Motorcycle Forum...looking forward to making some friends, in my off time I shoot (photographer) a lot of flattrack AMA National and amateur events, your welcome to visit my website.

JGPhotowerx.com

Well, how do I post a picture, I thought I was pretty savoy but guess not.
Thanks!

·
Six-String Jockey
1,859 Posts
Well, how do I post a picture, I thought I was pretty savoy but guess not.
Thanks!
First, welcome to the fold. Great people here!
As for posting photos, well you have to have a certain number of 'posts' first . . . not sure how many, but not TOO many. Then, when the system recognizes that you have enough posts, it will allow you to add photos. I have found using Photo Bucket is the easiest. Just upload your picture to your photo bucket account, the 'copy' the IMG code, and 'paste' it into the body of your text.

Also, start your own thread concerning your restoration project as we don't want to 'hijack' anyone else's thread.

Good luck, and again . . . welcome!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,949 Posts
15 post are required to post pictures

·
Registered
16 Posts
hUSTLER

I am trying to buy a 1966 Suzuki Hustler T 20 X 6 it will run but will only shift 1 st thru 3 rd wont go into 4,5,6 can anyone tell me what might be the problem. Not sure I can get the parts to fix (head gasket seals and trans parts) Can some one give me some input or ideas? Thanks Kim

·
Registered
30 Posts
These bikes are quite straightforward to work on. I have rebuilt mine over the past 18 months, although I did have some expert assistance with the gearbox from the very helpful guy who runs this website www t20suzuki.com
The difficulty in shifting might be due to bent or worn selector forks. I had to replace one on my bike and managed to track a NOS on the internet. Parts supply is better in the US than here in the UK but you will need to be persistent and check out various search engines to find the listings.

If you get the bike at a good price I would say go for it, it will be a nice project.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts