Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked this up recently. incorrectly identified it as a 50cc due to "50" on honda badge. clean title, very nice unrestored condition. Ser C110-491407

looking for correct service manual and source for battery, air filter, points, and whatever. Also interested in estimates of value.

thx for advice.

Mark in MN

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Neat lil scoot:smile_big:

I had one just like it, a brand new 1962 C110, in black, just when I turned 15 1/2 and got my motorcycle permit:grin:

The Honda 50's at that time were a hot commodity because they were affordable and not intimidating for new riders---nor their parents:wink2:

The Honda 50 CUB step through has sold right at 40 million bikes so far, making it the sales leader of all time.

Welcome to the forum.

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
16 Posts
A Honda CA110 DOES have a 50cc engine .....same as a the Honda Cub 50 (C100 and CA100) 'step-thru' style bikes. On the CA100 ...the "A" meant it had an electric starter in addition to the kick starter. Not sure if that carried thru to the CA110 or not. Your bike does not appear to have an electric starter. The 'giveaway' is that all the 50cc models use the same engine gasket sets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are very welcome! Nice to see some else interested in getting these classic bike back on the road. You can get a service manual online ...just do a google search. The hard-copy manuals are on eBay, but VERY expensive. Lots of parts sellers (original and reproduction) on eBay, and you can likely buy the small 6v wet-cell battery from any motorcycle dealer. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
On The Road Again!
4,191 Posts
Back then, the model number did not designate the displacement of the engine.
I had a 1964 Honda 90, model CA200.
Definitely NOT a 200 cc engine.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
Her's a pic of my first Honda, the LUV machine:grin: Also one of my current one, the bigger LUV machine:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts