Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I'm posting in the right forum. I just acquired a 1965 Harley Davidson M50. Made by AerMacchi for Harley Davidson in Italy. This is number 74!
It's been sitting for about 20 years so it needs to be brought back to life. Mostly original and I hope to keep it that way.
Any others out there?

Kelly

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
26,412 Posts
Wow !!! You lucky dog you.:thumbsup: Since it won't run I'll just take it off your hands so you don't have that frustration. I'm just that kind of thoughtful kind of guy. Always looking out for folks. But serious, congratulations on a great find. That will be one awesome bike when you are done. Good luck on the restore. Take your time and get it right. Then have fun at bike shows and that distinguished gentleman's ride. It should be fun to ride in it with such a vintage machine.

·
Nightfly
4,622 Posts
Yes, I'm posting in the right forum. I just acquired a 1965 Harley Davidson M50. Made by AerMacchi for Harley Davidson in Italy. This is number 74!
It's been sitting for about 20 years so it needs to be brought back to life. Mostly original and I hope to keep it that way.
Any others out there?

Kelly
The Hershey Antique Auto Museum has a small motorcycle display on the third floor. First time I saw one of these was at that museum.

https://www.aacamuseum.org/

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
A close friend restored one of these to better than new condition, then sold it for $7,000. A few years later, I spotted it online for $10,500 firm. We checked, same vin number. Apparently (around here at least) the restored Aeramacchi HDs, much like the restored vintage UJMs, are hot now.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
In high school, about a "hunnerd" years ago, one of the guys came up with a list, with pictures, of all the "Harley Davidsons" and all the different sizes.

We couldn't wait to get out of school, get a job, save some $'s, then go to Joplin, Missouri or Tulsa, Oklahoma to buy our new Harley's.

Now, a "hunnerd" years later, I get my first Harley. Funny how things work out. :)

Have fun getting that little hummer running! :)

(Do a YouTube video, we want to hear it too!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please comply with the following:

Sam:)

Hey guys, New to the forum & inherited a '65 M50 from my aunt. They were the original owners & it's all there, it runs and has about 1400m on it. Not sure what I'll be doing with it but here's an interesting side note; this model was used in a Dick van **** television episode & is its pretty awesome to see.
Thanks,
Mark (Naples,FL)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please comply with the following:

Sam:)

Hey guys, New to the forum & inherited a '65 M50 from my aunt. They were the original owners & it's all there, it runs and has about 1400m on it. Not sure what I'll be doing with it but here's an interesting side note; this model was used in a Dick van **** television episode & is its pretty awesome to see.
Thanks,
Mark (Naples,FL)
Hi Mark, That's great to see. Put up some pictures of your M50, we'd love to see them. What is the serial #?

Kelly

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,715 Posts
Any others out there?

Kelly

Nice find!!

I have had a 1974 HD Ameracci x90 Mini bike for about 5 years now and its about 97% complete, but cant seem to locate the entire exhaust. Bike engine is in flawless condition, and when I got it I tested compresion, and cleaned the carb. fired right up, and shifted all gears. I was impressed to say the least, So I originally planed to restore it, as paint and decals are available, but the dang pipe is so frigging elusive.. it's been on hold ever since... I have located a few pipes, but thet were in horrid condition, and one was almost bent in half, So I will continue to wait for the "gem" I need.

keep us posted on the progress..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts