Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm posting in the right forum. I just acquired a 1965 Harley Davidson M50. Made by AerMacchi for Harley Davidson in Italy. This is number 74!
It's been sitting for about 20 years so it needs to be brought back to life. Mostly original and I hope to keep it that way.
Any others out there?

Kelly

Attachments

·
On The Road Again!
2,720 Posts
Wow! Hard to believe that it went all those years without some kid butchering it!
Good luck restoring it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised it wasn't ether. The engine is stuck so that's first on the agenda. Fortunately, there seems to be a good supply of parts out there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey, if you can't get the engine to work, you can always attach a couple of pedals and ride it like a bicycle :smile:

·
American Legion Rider
18,926 Posts
Wow !!! You lucky dog you.:thumbsup: Since it won't run I'll just take it off your hands so you don't have that frustration. I'm just that kind of thoughtful kind of guy. Always looking out for folks. But serious, congratulations on a great find. That will be one awesome bike when you are done. Good luck on the restore. Take your time and get it right. Then have fun at bike shows and that distinguished gentleman's ride. It should be fun to ride in it with such a vintage machine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the piston free today! All looks good. No scoring at all. A little clean up and back together it goes.

·
Nightfly
3,752 Posts
Yes, I'm posting in the right forum. I just acquired a 1965 Harley Davidson M50. Made by AerMacchi for Harley Davidson in Italy. This is number 74!
It's been sitting for about 20 years so it needs to be brought back to life. Mostly original and I hope to keep it that way.
Any others out there?

Kelly
The Hershey Antique Auto Museum has a small motorcycle display on the third floor. First time I saw one of these was at that museum.

https://www.aacamuseum.org/

·
Charlie Tango Xray
762 Posts
A close friend restored one of these to better than new condition, then sold it for $7,000. A few years later, I spotted it online for $10,500 firm. We checked, same vin number. Apparently (around here at least) the restored Aeramacchi HDs, much like the restored vintage UJMs, are hot now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that the engine is free, I'm going to replace the rings and get it running. At that point, it will be up for sale. I don't want to do too much to it because most people like to do their own restorations.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
In high school, about a "hunnerd" years ago, one of the guys came up with a list, with pictures, of all the "Harley Davidsons" and all the different sizes.

We couldn't wait to get out of school, get a job, save some $'s, then go to Joplin, Missouri or Tulsa, Oklahoma to buy our new Harley's.

Now, a "hunnerd" years later, I get my first Harley. Funny how things work out. :)

Have fun getting that little hummer running! :)

(Do a YouTube video, we want to hear it too!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts