Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I am new to this whole thing, and I need some advice on potentially buying my first bike. So I was looking and I came across a 1964 Honda 90 C200 and thought that this would be a good project to work on with my father who used to work on motorcycles back in the day. Problem is I dont know a whole lot about this bike except for the price(obviously) and that it needs work done on it.

The price on the bike is $600, and from what the owner says he mentioned in the description that the bike has been sitting in a shed since 75. The engine still has compression, no battery for the bike, has original keys and a clear title.

Thanks guys! :icon_cool:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Having the key and title is great. Hopefully some of the folks will be along that can answer some of your questions. Good Luck to you.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
What are the questions?? If'n I could get my greasy hands on an old classic Honda like that for $600 I'd be on it like a cop on a donut!! Actually have a 1965 Honda S90 in my shop right now.. Sweet bike!!

So Andrew, what are you asking? Your Pappy worked on bikes in the past, so I would recommend you take him along to check the project out.

A bike like that out here in Hawaii would fetch a hefty price tag!!

·
American Legion Rider
18,630 Posts
Well, do you want to ride or wrench? This could be an opportunity to bound with your dad or get into fights. It's up to you how you go and what you want. Personally I think it's a little high on price for a bike that will need a lot of work to get it running(potentially). A full restoration could mean you have a really nice classic too when completed. It really is up to you and your wallet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts