Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have recently acquired our 1963 Honda 55 C105. It has been in our family for as long as I can remember. Just over 40 years ago, it was parked in one of our barn, on our cattle ranch. Over those years parts were taken off of it. That is the nice way of saying people stole parts off it. I have got it running. I am very nearly ready to drive around my neighborhood, for a shake down drive. I have recently installed a new battery in it. Now I have a bit of a dilemma. There are two extra wires. Both of them white. One has a 1/4 yellow band wrapped around the wire, very near the male connector. It appears to be coming from the rectifier. There is also another white wire, of a different gauge. It also has a male connector on it. I have included a picture, so it will be a little clearer, what I am talking about. I am sure that there are a number of you guys that know exactly what and where those wires plug into. Any help, guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you in advance for your time and efforts.

Rugo

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
I don't want to confuse anything but just looking at your picture I see two places that might be where they go so did you look at these two? The electrical gurus will know exactly where they go. So don't pay any attention to me. I'm just asking like you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hogcowboy,

Thank you again for lending your advice. I really appreciate your willingness to help. Unfortunately, my photography skills leave a little bit to be desired. The one on the upper left, is just a where the plastic covering is pinched together. The other is just a hole in the frame. If I were to have taken a bit of a closer shot, both of them would have been much clearer. So, I guess the question still stands. Where do those wires plug into? What are their purpose?

Thanks again everybody that is taking a look at the my post. I really appreciate the help.

Rugo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts