·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Very nice indeed

Reactions: 122178

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
Nice bike, would be awesome to have something like that!

Interesting web site, I found something to drool over myself there, and it's fairly affordable and in awesome shape from the looks of it..but I really don't want to buy another bike, but, but, but...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-honda-cb360t/

I should probably hold out for the 1978 CB400TII that I really want so I can relive the early days of my motorcycling career, I've found a few, but they either are junk or not cheap at all... I paid $500 for mine around 1988, it's hard to pay $3000 for one in 2018. Would be very cool to have though.

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice bike, would be awesome to have something like that!

Interesting web site, I found something to drool over myself there, and it's fairly affordable and in awesome shape from the looks of it..but I really don't want to buy another bike, but, but, but...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-honda-cb360t/

I should probably hold out for the 1978 CB400TII that I really want so I can relive the early days of my motorcycling career, I've found a few, but they either are junk or not cheap at all... I paid $500 for mine around 1988, it's hard to pay $3000 for one in 2018. Would be very cool to have though.
Did you see that 80's beemer? Very nice as well. But, as with me...ever been in the store but didn't collect enough pop bottles to buy everything you want?:crying:

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
Yes I did, that BMW was super cool too, but that Honda was nearly irresistible..

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Man that website is dangerous....

·
So long
2,739 Posts
One of my neighbors rebuilds and sells old Jaguars, but he has a dust covered BSA Lightning in the back of his shop.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
There's a great old Triumph shop about an hour from me run by a semi-retired guy. He has a barn full of dusty old Triumph and other Brit bikes.

Very very dangerous!

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man that website is dangerous....

You ain't just a' woofin'!

I follow it often. Soooo tempting. The reserve isn't ever seen like on ebay. I saw one guy who must have been totally shocked...He had the highest bid which did hit the reserve ridiculously low, on a vintage, nut and bolt muscle car resto. Paid about 1/4 what it should have sold for. Everyone commented afterward that he best drive it like he stole it...because he DID! I say good for him...must have been a very wealthy previous owner who just didn't care.

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of my neighbors rebuilds and sells old Jaguars, but he has a dust covered BSA Lightning in the back of his shop.
Drop him a hint that if he parts with it, you'd give it lotza' love at your place. :kiss:

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Drop him a hint that if he parts with it, you'd give it lotza' love at your place. :kiss:
I have no interest in owning a 50 year old bike known to have problems when they were still relatively new. I enjoy my new bike too much to be wrenching on an antique.

Now, his yellow '71 XKE is a different story. I'd love to own that.

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
That's my wife's dream car, I hope one doesn't go up for sale anywhere that she can see it, I'd end up losing valuable garage space :)

Here's my neighbor's Jag 4.2 E Type. Yeah, I'd choose that without hesitation over the BSA.

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
Reactions: cmonSTART

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Has anyone ridden a Gold Star, or a Norton Dominator, or a Bonneville, or a BSA Victor, or an 850 Guzzi.
And then lettuce pretend they cost $10,000 each. For half that you could find a much newer Triumph, that is a far superior bike.
All the Jaguars are British manufacturing at its best. Take a simple design, and make it complicated. Spend some time working on a Jaguar and you will soon find out how frustrating they are.
A good 4 1/2 liter WO Bentley is a far better car, making reliable power with good sensible designs.
Never again for me. But an old Guzzi with a decent front brake would be nice.

UK

·
On The Road Again!
4,207 Posts
I agree that the Jaguars are a pain to work on.
But the XKE has always been my dream car too.
That yellow one is almost perfect.
I say "almost" because it's a 71 with the ugly EPA headlights and tail lights and the EPA engine.
My dream XKE would be a '67. Still had the recessed headlights with the outer glass over them and the curved tail lights above the rear bumper, and a 4.2 engine with no EPA junk on it. Yeah, I know it would be pain at times......
BUT I STILL WANT ONE!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts