Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I finally have my 2008 Vision broken in, working on the second 100,000 now :)

I absolutely HATED the spot I had to stop to get that picture, middle of nowhere in Central PA, on the side of I80, on a curve, on a narrow shoulder with trucks blowing by at 90 mph. On the bright side at least it wasn't raining or pitch black! Even if it had been though there was no way I was going to miss getting that picture, and I survived so it's all good:)

Attachments

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
That awesome Mike. I can only hope my Indian can do the same. Or if I can for that matter.:smile:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
:thumbsup: Keep on truc... er, bikin'!

Reactions: mike721 and Porky

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,521 Posts
I expect to see the next picture at 200k in a couple years :)

Reactions: mike721 and Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
That's 5,000 commutes round trip for me to ride to work.:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
I'm pretty sure I will never see that much mileage on my 2016 Goldwing. I have been averaging about 6,000 miles a year for these first 3 years that I own the bike. At that rate I would need to be riding the Wing for about another 14 years. That would make me just short of 90, and while I hope to still be alive and riding by then, I doubt it will still be on a 900 plus pound Goldwing. Congrats on reaching that milestone.

Reactions: mike721

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey you never know, this is a picture of my wife talking with Gloria Tramontin-Struck yesterday , 93 years young and still sometimes riding her Heritage.

She signed her book for Candy at the annual Tramontin Harley dealer vintage bike day, and Gloria was older than any of the bikes there!

I'm pretty sure I will never see that much mileage on my 2016 Goldwing. I have been averaging about 6,000 miles a year for these first 3 years that I own the bike. At that rate I would need to be riding the Wing for about another 14 years. That would make me just short of 90, and while I hope to still be alive and riding by then, I doubt it will still be on a 900 plus pound Goldwing. Congrats on reaching that milestone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc Samson

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The new Indian can easily do it, supposedly some over achiever has over 200k on one already. So it’s all up to you!

That awesome Mike. I can only hope my Indian can do the same. Or if I can for that matter.:smile:

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Hey you never know, this is a picture of my wife talking with Gloria Tramontin-Struck yesterday , 93 years young and still sometimes riding her Heritage.

She signed her book for Candy at the annual Tramontin Harley dealer vintage bike day, and Gloria was older than any of the bikes there!

I got to meet that lady out in Cali years ago. She was still rather young then but what a character she is or was. Not sure how she's holding up but sounds like she still has it.

The new Indian can easily do it, supposedly some over achiever has over 200k on one already. So it’s all up to you!

I saw his post proving the mileage. I questioned how anyone could get that many miles in such a short time. So he was quick to prove it with a photo. He has to nearly ride it all the time. He's had a few problems but noting major. So there is hope for us slowpokes.

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gloria still has plenty of spunk and character, once she got started talking she really got going! She wasn’t doing any riding but she was walking all over the place at the vintage day with no signs of slowing down, she looks quite capable of putting down some miles. She did tell Candy she had just gotten over a few health issues but she was feeling good now and raring to go again.

I got to meet that lady out in Cali years ago. She was still rather young then but what a character she is or was. Not sure how she's holding up but sounds like she still has it.

I saw his post proving the mileage. I questioned how anyone could get that many miles in such a short time. So he was quick to prove it with a photo. He has to nearly ride it all the time. He's had a few problems but noting major. So there is hope for us slowpokes.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
That sounds like her. I think awesome fits her well.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think I finally have my 2008 Vision broken in, working on the second 100,000 now :)
Congratulations Mike! That's something I've always wanted to do and take a bike to that milestone, but in 43 years of riding I've never come close. Seems I've always had the new bike itch and because of that, I've not often had a bike past the 3 or 4 year mark. That combined with having two, three or four bikes in the garage much of that time, kind of spreads the mileage around. Now in my older years, I only have two bikes and I don't ride nowhere near as much as I use to, so I'll probably never be able to reach that unique milestone with one bike.

·
Visionary
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Full disclosure...I've only put 55k of the 100k on this bike, it was at 45k when I bought it. My blue 16 I bought new, it has about 30K, I can account for all of those personally, it will be very meaningful when that one turns 100K.
Generally though I put more miles on the 08, it's the one that I normally commute on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Full disclosure...I've only put 55k of the 100k on this bike, it was at 45k when I bought it.
Miles are miles, regardless of who was riding. It looks like new, so I'm sure it
will run for many more years....

How has it been over 100,000 miles? Any major repairs? Original clutch?
I have never seen a Victory over here. There is a main dealer for Indian in
Dublin, 160 miles from here. I have seen a few Indians, but they are few and
far between.

Are you doing anything that might extend it's longevity?
Fully synthetic oil?
Short oil change intervals?

Let us know when it roll over 200,000 :thumbsup:

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,505 Posts
Lol what we do to capture a memory. I just last Friday stopped in the middle of nowhere county road 26 in Indiana to take a pic of my ODO in my big truck hitting 500k. Your place you were riding looked busy and I bet a few were wondering WTFO when you stopped, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts