Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first Victory in September of 2005.

The numbers -

50 - States on a Victory
20 - Certified IBA rides. (15 of the 20 done on the Vision)
10 - Years riding a Victory
4 - Years on the darkside :) (2 - Years double darkside)
3 - Victory's ... Vegas, Kingpin and a Vision
2 - Arctic Circle rides
0 - Break downs

Hoping I can do a few more rides.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
That zero break downs is amazing if you ask me considering some of the roads and weather you traveled. Not sure if that's you, the machines or just plain luck. But I can say every machine I've had got me home. It may have taken some major repair to go out again but never once left stranded so maybe that just speaks to today's machines more than anything. Never the less, that's still an amazing accomplishment.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That zero break downs is amazing if you ask me considering some of the roads and weather you traveled. Not sure if that's you, the machines or just plain luck. But I can say every machine I've had got me home. It may have taken some major repair to go out again but never once left stranded so maybe that just speaks to today's machines more than anything. Never the less, that's still an amazing accomplishment.
I think the newer bikes are more dependable but even my co-workers that ride other brands say with the luck I have had I shouldn't change.

I do think I have been very lucky.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
I certainly agree with them but Honda I think is just as stable but you can get problems with any of them. You've just been very luck.:thumbsup:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
It is mind bogoling

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
I'm closing in on 10 years of Victory also. (bought my first in Mar. 2006)

But my list of accomplishments is nada compared to Rollin:frown:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Bought my first Victory in September of 2005.......4 - Years on the darkside :) (2 - Years double darkside.........
Care to elaborate about the "dark side?"

-Soupy

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Dark side - car tires on a motorcycle.

Usually run flats. it has been discussed on here over and over

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Dark side is using a car tire on the rear and double dark side is a car tire on the rear and a rear motorcycle tire on the front.
That's more like a darkside and maybe, 1/64? (As long as the tire is mounted backwards.)

Now, you put a car tire on the front, and THAT would be a double darkside!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts