Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
I don't think I could ever drive like that... those small country roads, all I'd be thinking is what if a deer, what if a kid on a bike, what if a car backing out of a lane, etc.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
You could ride like that Dan, but first you have to learn to carefully place the camera so it "accidentally" shows that you're carrying a pistol stuffed in your drawers. This way everyone will know that you're a serious gansta bad-a$$ and a fearsome guy not to be messed with! :coffeescreen:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
You could ride like that Dan, but first you have to learn to carefully place the camera so it "accidentally" shows that you're carrying a pistol stuffed in your drawers. This way everyone will know that you're a serious gansta bad-a$$ and a fearsome guy not to be messed with! :coffeescreen:
Had the exact same thought. Purely a coincidence I'm sure!

·
Registered
140 Posts
#1 goal on a motorcycle....don't ride like that:) I don't think he is worried about deer DanR, if one jumps out in front of him he'll just shoot it!!!

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Gear

Wait, you don't carry your pistol like that?
Unfortunately many bike riders can be hard of thinking. The logic of having a pistol in your pants, the lack of a decent jacket, the ambition to emulate Rossi: well it makes zero sense to me.

When I come across guys with clothing flapping like that, I know they will max out at around 90mph, and not stay there for long.
And if it rains they turn in to real wimps.

But these types are the morons that we hear about.
" Motorcycles are dangerous, a friends cousin crashed on one of those things, and he was such a nice young man "

No respect from Unkle Crusty. And I know you guys just love paying the ever increasing cost of medical and bike insurance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately many bike riders can be hard of thinking. The logic of having a pistol in your pants, the lack of a decent jacket, the ambition to emulate Rossi: well it makes zero sense to me.

When I come across guys with clothing flapping like that, I know they will max out at around 90mph, and not stay there for long.
And if it rains they turn in to real wimps.

But these types are the morons that we hear about.
" Motorcycles are dangerous, a friends cousin crashed on one of those things, and he was such a nice young man "

No respect from Unkle Crusty. And I know you guys just love paying the ever increasing cost of medical and bike insurance.
Max out at 90? Thats 2nd gear bud, Lol. He must have photo shopped the clip in there where it shows the OD at 140 then?

And just an FYI, the gentleman in this video rides rain or shine, cold or warm, has for years. With a rough average of 20k miles a year.

So your respect mr crusty is not needed. Thanks though.

He should have gear on though, I will give you that.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Generalities

Max out at 90? Thats 2nd gear bud, Lol. He must have photo shopped the clip in there where it shows the OD at 140 then?

And just an FYI, the gentleman in this video rides rain or shine, cold or warm, has for years. With a rough average of 20k miles a year.

So your respect mr crusty is not needed. Thanks though.

He should have gear on though, I will give you that.
I was speaking in generalities. It may or may not apply to the guy with the gun. Also it must be a lot warmer wherever he is.
He may ride rain or shine. But over the years I have noticed: very few travel at a steady 90mph plus, and zero were dressed like that. The only consistent guys that go over 90, often have one piece leathers and are road race types. What has changed IMO, is the higher consistent speed of the big touring bikes.
I rarely encounter anyone going over about 60 when it is pissing rain, especially if accompanied by strong winds.
I have a trophy on my wall that will attest to the fact I can go fast in the rain. No respect from me for the gun toter, needed or not. Please get back to me when he is 65, and report zero accidents.
140, is just a number.

Unkle Crusty

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was speaking in generalities. It may or may not apply to the guy with the gun. Also it must be a lot warmer wherever he is.
He may ride rain or shine. But over the years I have noticed: very few travel at a steady 90mph plus, and zero were dressed like that. The only consistent guys that go over 90, often have one piece leathers and are road race types. What has changed IMO, is the higher consistent speed of the big touring bikes.
I rarely encounter anyone going over about 60 when it is pissing rain, especially if accompanied by strong winds.
I have a trophy on my wall that will attest to the fact I can go fast in the rain. No respect from me for the gun toter, needed or not. Please get back to me when he is 65, and report zero accidents.
140, is just a number.

Unkle Crusty
Rain or shine in central Alaska bud, it's not warm trust me. Lol.

And I guess he already failed your test, wrecked his first motorcycle at age 7 while riding on ice and snow. I guess you must not know, there are those who have went down, and those that are going down, for those that actually ride. Sorry my friend, but weekend riders don't count. This gentleman has had many wrecks, on many different machines, not just motorcycles. It's just part of it when you spend 25 years riding motorcycles. Especially when on the dirt or snow/ice.

I'm pretty sure if self preservation was of such importance to him you would be watching a video of a guy playing golf.

You have me curious though, what is this trophy you speak of for riding in the rain?

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
This gentleman has had many wrecks, on many different machines, not just motorcycles.
Then I'd say his skill sets aren't all that good and might need some development. :wink:

It's just part of it when you spend 25 years riding motorcycles. Especially when on the dirt or snow/ice.
Falling off a dirt bike when you're playing around as a kid isn't quite the same as wrecking on a street bike at speed. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Then I'd say his skill sets aren't all that good and might need some development. :wink:

Falling off a dirt bike when you're playing around as a kid isn't quite the same as wrecking on a street bike at speed. :)
Hm, That comment leads me to believe youve never actually rode any bikes except your harley.

Look bud, if you ever did anything besides put-put a dirt bike around the back yard you would know wrecking and injuries are a part of serious riding. Especially when you add dangerous environments. "Kids" don't do what we did on ours back in the days of old. The kids watched and learned.

But.. I guess I need to accept the fact that the weekend harley riders do not understand this. Unfortunately I've seen a man break his neck on his dirtbike, I saw my close friend break his femur. I've personally broke an arm, a tibula, collar bone, tail bone, and dislocated a shoulder throughout years of riding(actually riding if you can fathom what that is). Despite wearing most our gear, most the time. We rode bear riddled trails and mountains growing up.

I'd really like to see how your motorcycle riding "skill sets" stack up, cause guessing from your comment you must be a pro? I'm sorry to insult but I would guess you wouldnt even touch a motorcycle in some of the places we rode. As I said before people who are so worried about injury need to go play golf, or buy a harley and get it out 4 times a year and troll people on forums like you actually know something.

Come to my neck of the woods, in willow, AK, about an hour 1/2 from anchorage and learn something about skill sets. Lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a good idea. Fly to willow this winter, if you can keep yourself alive and unscathed through some of the trails we use to ride.. I will pay for your round trip ticket from..... florida? Lol. Please tell me more about your awesome "skills sets" you picked up in florida.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Who the hell do you think you are being a newbie to this forum and think you can get away with beating the snot out of someone who knows more about "safe" riding on one pinky than you have in your whole body. Trail riding is different than road riding. We ride to live for tommorow, if that's not how you like it, you know where the door is, don't let it kick you in the ass on the way out....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Who the hell do you think you are being a newbie to this forum and think you can get away with beating the snot out of someone who knows more about "safe" riding on one pinky than you have in your whole body. Trail riding is different than road riding. We ride to live for tommorow, if that's not how you like it, you know where the door is, don't let it kick you in the ass on the way out....
Well said. And in hind sight I was a bit combative, I let his comment bug me, not to sound childish but he attacked first. Just like you said theres a door to the site, same as the thread right? I wasn't completely disrespectful in my honest opinion.

Wouldn't you think though, that it goes without saying that the riding is dangerous? Same with the need for gear. Obviously the person in the video DGAF so why just post for a +1? I guess thats how you become a "super" moderator? Lol.

And PS your comment "who the hell do you think you are being a newbie to this forum" made me laugh. Gtfo out of here with that noise, If the "super" moderator wants to ban me he can. Not that I even did anything to deserve such. Wouldnt hurt my feelings either way, the interwebz are full of forums.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts