Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and a buddy went riding the other weekend, sometime last month. And unfortunately he wrecked. It was a hard blow on him and the bike. He broke his neck in 2 spots, broke his nose but he's on his way to recovery so now I've been asked to get the bike running. It's not at my house so I don't want to spend hours over there testing wires like I would do in the comfort of my own shed.
It was a flawless bike until that night he took a curve to fast, went over the top doing 70-75, and the bike went airbourne and tumbled.
Now you can turn on ignition, lights and all come on, find neutral, hit start, and the lights dim but no starter engaging. My first idea is the starter solenoid but I've also considered a clutch switch, kickstand switch, etc might of been triggered by the blow. Any ideas gents?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Important piece of info. The first thing I did was take the battery out of my bike and put into his, and check all of the fuses. On the 09 shadow I found a fuse box beside the battery on the right side, to the best of my knowledge this is the only one besides the main one in solenoid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ditto, prayers for speedy recovery. I'd say trailer that thing home and start following wires, a jolt like that probably knocked something loose. I'm pretty green but maybe find the starter connector and jump it there, if that works work your way back?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts