Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting. I live in the Sonoran desert and I’ve stored an old 59 Studerbaker Lark for over a year and she still fired right up. I did add a lead substitute . Maybe that makes a difference. I use the black 360 marine Sta-bil which is formulated for ethanol blend so the label says. Works for me.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am running 50/50 gas and techron at the moment. I ran out of b12. It has been sitting for 24 hrs since I drained and filled it again. I will starult it and see what happens. I am not going to be able to go any farther into the carbs by myself. Even with my cheater specs I can see clearly enough to dig in deeper. I am trying to find a local shop that will work on it. Most places quote the 10 year rule.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
had the 360 in it as well and has been more than two years. It started and ran fine a couple of months ago but I only rode it about 10 miles. In hind sight I should have at least drained the tank and refilled it with fresh fuel and staybill. Isn't hind site great.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well I have hit a wall. It quit cranking yesterday evening. Don't think it hydrolocked as the starter doesn't make any noise at all. I think I blew a fuse or the relay. The relay has been talking (clicking prior to engaging) to me all wee lookingk. It rained most of the day so I didn't take the cover off. I will know more once I get a look at that. I am looking for a shop in the area, but no one wants to touch a 15 year old bike. Maybe I will sell it as is to someone who knows what they are doing.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well it is a fuse or the relay, it is not pulling any power when I hit the starter. I did find a shop (2 actually) that will work on her. One is two weeks out and the other a month out. Which ever one is available first I will put her on a trailer and take her there. I have put her all back together today and didn't have any extra parts so that was a good thing.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts