Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!
The odyssey battery was drained to 7 volts in my bike because I left the ignition switch on, Everything was dead
I charged the battery while connected and also turned on the ignition switch while charging to see if the battery was charging and providing power
Battery charged fine, bike started fine - but - now I have brake failure warning (brakes work fine), non-working speedo, non-working cruise control

I'm pretty adept at working on this thing. Anyone know what needs to be done?
Thank you!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Usually when the brake failure light doesn't go away, it means a bad battery. (true, believe it or not) You can always go to bmwsporttouring.com and ask there.

·
Zip
2,512 Posts
From what I've read about Odyssey batteries, yours might need some reconditioning to bring it back up to full capacity. I second BMWDrummer's advice to go check out bmwsporttouring.com.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help!
The odyssey battery was drained to 7 volts in my bike because I left the ignition switch on, Everything was dead
I charged the battery while connected and also turned on the ignition switch while charging to see if the battery was charging and providing power
Battery charged fine, bike started fine - but - now I have brake failure warning (brakes work fine), non-working speedo, non-working cruise control

Thank you!

I had a similar thing happen to my K-Bike. It turned out to be a bad tail light bulb. Even if the bulb seems to work correctly, the brake light filament is bad and it will flash a brake failure light, and prevent the cruise control from working.

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,698 Posts
Help!

Thank you!
Yor bike has an ABS computer module, it has sensed a low voltage issue at the time of battery drain.
(effectivly known as a DTC (code) you will need to remove the battery cables from the battery and touch the cable ends together to clear any memory. when touching them make
SURE YOU ONLY TOUCH THE CABLE ENDS (battery is not included). and nothing else.
so remove the negative and the posative cables from the battery terminal, and touch the cables together for aboput 30 seconds to a minute. this will fully drain any computer memory voltages, effectivly wiping the memory. then just replace them and ensure the battery is fully charged before you turn the bike/key on. should be good to go then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts