Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Im new on this forum but i really need some help. i bought an honda cbr1000rr from 07 it has 32k km on it. The dude before me crashed it hard. I'm almost done fixing the bike. I only have 2 problems left.
1. The bike wont go in gear. When i first got it it could go into every gear perfect. I started working on it and suddenly i got only go up to 3 gear then it fot stuck. Now its stuck in neutral. I replaced the clutch checked the master and slave cylinder.
2. The speedometer goes up when i rev. (I think i got a bad ground. Pls confirm)
Here is a video of me trying to go in first or second gear. Hope somebody can help me and thank you.

Gerolf van couter

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Some bikes like to be moving some to shift smoothly or at all. Have you tried rolling the bike while shifting it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope did not help and the clutch handle is really soft. But ive checked the lines for air and cleaned the slave cylinder + installed new clutch. What can it be?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
What kind of work were you doing on it just prior to only getting 3 gears?

If you could shift in to all the gears when you got it, worked on it, then only had 3, you either did something or something inside the tranny might have been broken in the crash, something shifted position inside, preventing you from properly shifting it now. Now that's just a guess, but possible, maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah probably something shifted inside te gearbox. I will start in removing the basket and keep you guys updated. Thanks for the reply!

·
Ace Tuner
3,578 Posts
Yeah probably something shifted inside the gearbox. I will start in removing the basket and keep you guys updated. Thanks for the reply!
Maybe not inside the gear box.(?)
If you're lucky it could be something bent or otherwise damaged with the shift mechanism, or even the external linkage for the shifter, if your bike has external linkage.

S F

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll post a picture of the linkage and shifter tonight, there is some play to the shifter.
if you think thats the problem i'll replace it and see from there :)
thanks for your reply

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
When i first got it it could go into every gear perfect. I started working on it and suddenly i got only go up to 3 gear then it got stuck. (EDIT: fixed spelling error only in quote)
What did you do prior to this or did you do several things all at once? Especially anything that might affect the tranny. I agree that maybe something got bent or somehow placed where it shouldn't be. But if you didn't open the tranny you might have bent something trying to get it in gear that might have gone in gear had you moved the rear wheel a little much earlier. Things don't just break. It now sounds like you must open the tranny unfortunately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the bike was in a really back accident when i got it.
i replaced the frame, 2 wheels and clutch side cover and stator cover. from the start there was always a loose feel to the shifter itself. i'll post a video or picture of it tonight so i can hear what you guys are thinking. i'm really thankfull for all the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.