Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a carb clean I dont know how good I got it but the jets where clean. Now when the bike is cold it starts up fine and runs fine until I gets warm drove down the road and on the way back it starts to run on one cylinder back one runs fine and the front isn't. Before the first carb cleaning I did, the back cylinder was having issues got in there and one of the jets had came out put back together and it started running fine and now it's the front that's having issues. The bike sat for a couple years
any idea what would make it run like that when it gets warmed up

·
Registered
23 Posts
Might be the same issue with the jets falling out. When rebuilding carbs you dont want to strip it out obviously, but you have to tighten jets enough to keep them in. You can try running some seafoam through the carbs to try and unblock anything that might be blocking the jets. Did you resize the jets when you rebuilt them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't rebuilt it yet just cleaned them. I have the carbs apart now and it seems the main jet on that side the passage way was clogged. Also the filter where the needle is on both sides had junk in them

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ah gotcha, carbs are a bitch to work on sometimes, but it's good u figured it out quick!. Still might be a good idea to run some seafoam through the system. It helps break down gunk so that itll just pass through the carbs rather than clog em

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I put some in the tank this morning. Thanks for replying I just cleaned a good bit more gunk out and about to put em back together I'll let ya know how it does

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put it back together and didn't put the floats in right poured fuel out the overflow. fixed that then the fuel line coming out the tank broke. So need a new one but it started up. Cant ride it till I get a new line to see the problem comes back. But i think why i would work when it sat is because fuel could get in the bowl after sitting and when you road it it would be fine till it ran dry, the filter where the float needle was, was full of junk. So I think it couldn't get enough fuel to have what it needed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.