Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my Motorcycle but forgot to turn on the fuel line. Once I notice I forgot I turned it on then got on it and started driving down the road. Then when I was at a stop light it started to bog down. I put the choke on and then it stalled out. Now it want start and if i turn the fuel line on fuel streams out of the over flow lines from the bottom of the bike. The bike turns over fine. Sounds like is getting spark. Just no fuel. The only thing I can think is that the carb is clogged. Please help. any suggestion is appreciated.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
It sounds like for whatever reason your float(s) are sticking open now resulting it too much fuel. (That's why it died when you put the choke on.) You can try tapping on the bowls with a small tool like a screwdriver handle or hammer - that might dislodge them and get them to work again. (When they do, fuel will stop pouring out of the overflow tubes.) If you can't get them to work like that you will have to pull the carbs and clean them up.

Reactions: GatorJoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
1980 Suzuki GS 1100 E. At the 10 mile mark my bike sputters and stalls. It will turn over but not start. I put the Percocet on prime and try to start it for a few second it won’t start. If I wait then gas leaks out and I turn it off of prime then it starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts