Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got my first motorcycle: A used '05 GS500F with just over 10K miles on it.

And I want to do things to it

Specifically, I'm thinking a fender delete and changing out some of the oversized indicators and lighting in general, but it seems that the aftermarket for the 500F is slim to say the least

That said: I was wondering if you guys could offer any advice on parts that could fit a 500F that might not be marketed for it.

In addition: Any mods you think I should make that would be beneficial? Already thinking about adding frame sliders, but no real ideas outside of that

Thanks in advance :D

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
There are a lot of generic aftermarket lighting solutions that should work for turn signals. The motorcycle retailers online or in stores will carry them. You could also adapt parts like signals from other types of motorcycles in many cases. Just look closely at the specs as to the size and type of connection.

Axle spools are helpful for sport styled motorcycles to use with wheel lifts if you do a lot of your own work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick it up for?
I got my first motorcycle at the beginning of the summer and it is a 05' GS500F also with 6900 miles on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked her up for 2350, but she needed work (new tires and brakes)

In hindsight, I didn't haggle effectively or NEARLY as much as I should have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts