Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,
I Recently bought a 2003 yzf600r. The bike was not running when i bought it the owner before said the bike was having charging problems so he replaced the stator and rectifier and now the bike wont turn over. Everything else electrically works fuel pump, lights etc. when i push the start button the oil and low gas light flash, the tacho also goes to 8k and back to 0 every 3 seconds when the bike is on. I do not hear any solenoid clicking when pushing the start problem that would indicate a low battery, I bridged the starter and it cranks strong. The battery is new and sitting at 12v. Also i've tried flipping the pick up coil wires and inspecting what i can on the wire harness for any signs of a pinch or faulty connection. I'm stumped i checked everything over with a volt meter and still cant figure it out any help would be appreciated.
Please Helpp me :) need to get this bad boy up and running. thanks, connor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, sound like a lose or Bad ground to me check for lose wires and test continuity betwen negative ir battery and frame, engine and Manu other metalic parts, 12 volts battery it's not a exact measure try again, usualy a low 12 volts won't crank the bike, remember you have a 600 it need at least 12.5 volts, plus read voltage and look for any drops when you hit the starter button if it drops below 10volts you really need a new battery. Greetings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I checked for grounds and charged the battery up to 12.9v the battery is kicking strong. If I bridge it she’ll crank super fast but it still has no spark. I checked all the kills I wired the kick stand kill, and checked the clutch and brake kill also the bike is in neutral and the light comes on to show that it’s in neutral. Could a stator that wasn’t correctly installed actually kill the bike like this? I’m stumped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay I checked for grounds and charged the battery up to 12.9v the battery is kicking strong. If I bridge it she’ll crank super fast but it still has no spark. I checked all the kills I wired the kick stand kill, and checked the clutch and brake kill also the bike is in neutral and the light comes on to show that it’s in neutral. Could a stator that wasn’t correctly installed actually kill the bike like this? I’m stumped.
check youre fuse box and looks for blow fuses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts