Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project is moving forward slowly. Need a true ‘71 CL100 gas tank, and searching everywhere for a pair of ‘71 “CL100” side cover emblems. Tips, sources, leads, advice? Please and thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update: Found a restorable ‘71 CL100 gas tank online for a reasonable price. Also, an authentic ‘71 CL100 seat in great shape. Engine runs good, so took the bike down to the frame this week. Now comes the cleaning, buffing, refurbishing, lubing, painting, powder coating, the hunt for OEM replacement parts, etc. With any luck, I’ll get this bike back together in showroom condition and ready to ride before frost returns to MN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick update: Found a restorable ‘71 CL100 gas tank online for a reasonable price. Also, an authentic ‘71 CL100 seat in great shape. Engine runs good, so took the bike down to the frame this week. Now comes the cleaning, buffing, refurbishing, lubing, painting, powder coating, the hunt for OEM replacement parts, etc. With any luck, I’ll get this bike back together in showroom condition and ready to ride before frost returns to MN.
Emblems are impossible to find new. Used I have not seen. I bought CB100 emblems and cut the B to look like an L. Kind of tricky to do, but it looks good. Mine is a 72 yellow one. Painted the tank. Could not find pin stripes so I reproduced them on my sign machine. Not perfect but there is no place to buy them. As you can tell I am not trying to make perfect, because the emblems and decals are not for sale

1 - 3 of 3 Posts