Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i’m new here and I need some help. I recently got a 2003 Honda CBR900RR and it starts up and the engine runs fine, but every time I pull the clutch and drop it in first it stalls pretty hard. I’ve adjusted the clutch, and it is definitely not that. I know this isn’t the issue because the bike will also get “stuck” on something when i try to push it on the road in neutral. It will move a little, but then it feels like it’s getting caught on something. The feeling is very similar to when your are parking a car with an automatic transmission. Where you would have your foot on the brake, and put the shifter to park, then let off the brake. The car would like pearce forward a little but then stop because it’s in park. That’s the best way i can describe the feeling, if you know what im talking about. So i think it may be a transmission problem. but it’s weird because i was able to move the bike by pushing it a couple weeks ago. Any suggestions on what it could be would greatly help me. Also, i’m planning on selling it, that’s why i want to know what’s wrong. Thanks all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,
I don't think they made a CBR 900 R R in 2003 I believe 99 what's the last year they were made.
But it sounds like your clutch is not adjusted correctly like you have too much play in your level. You should have between 1/8 of an inch and 1/4 of an inch Play Between the liver and the clutch perch.
Hope this helps you
Have a good one ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea 2003 was the last year for the rr. but anyways, i fixed it. turned out to be a bad side stand sensor of all things! it no longer stalls, and as for it being hard to push it was just a small but from a bolt that got stuck in the chain. so it would hang up near the sprockets. don’t know how that happened but the bike runs fine and good now.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,917 Posts
Thanks for the update, someone may have the same problem someday. I would be concerned about that nut in the chain. Did you use locktite?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,843 Posts
I knew it was probably the sidestand switch but the bike not moving had me puzzled!!! I'm glad yo fixed the problem.
Sam:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.