FXR 300 gram thinsulate cold weather gloves - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Forums > Reviews & Opinions > GLOVES

GLOVES Advice, questions, or opinions on gloves

Old 12-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
roadster

roadster is on a distinguished road
Default FXR 300 gram thinsulate cold weather gloves

I bought a set of FXR Gauntlet 300 gram Thinsulate leather gloves, these are moderately expensive at 90.00 per pair. After riding for about ten minutes in 6 degree cold my hands started getting cold, after twenty minutes my hands felt like needles were piercing my hands. I exchange the leather gauntlet for a set of Nylon FXR Fuel gloves, smame model I bought for my wife. These are 250 gram thinsulate gloves. My wife says they keep her hands warm in colder riding conditions.

I bought my gloves through First Place Parts, a snow mobile gear supplier. I would recommend that you shop elsewhere. First Place Parts is more than happy to talk with you if you are buying their merchandise but once you have paid they will not answer emails queries regarding the status of your shipment. My gloves took about three weeks to get. When I requested a RMA on the gloves they responded only after I physically called their phone number. I was told that they would immediately order replacement gloves so shipment could be made as soon as they got my returned gloves.

After several emails in an attempt to determine the status of my RMA I still have not heard from them. They have not acknowledged receiving the gloves. If you like being left in the dark and not getting any response from the vendor I would find another vendor to order from. As for the FXR gloves, the leather gloves are stiff, difficult to ride with and do not keep your hands warm. The FXR Fuel gloves will be tested as soon as I receive them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
roadster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
67fire
Banned

67fire will become famous soon enough

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
For $90.00, I would also hope/expect to have some warm fingers.

Eric
67fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
roadster

Update on my RMA.

You have to physically call their store, its toll free to talk to someone because they will not answer an email unless it is to make a sale. I was told when I first requested an RMA that FXR had the gloves in stock and that they would be preordered so when my original gloves arrived they would be sent out immediately. After waiting three weeks I emailed them several times only to never get a response. I called and talked to Dawn, she told me that the manufacturer in the US did not have them in stock so they would be ordered from the Canadian plant and since it is Canada their would be international shipping and no tracking, so it could take another two to three weeks.

I have ordered from Cabala's, J.C Whitney, J&P Cycles, and a host of other Internet dealers and have never had to wait more than three or four days for my order to come in. I ordered tires from Dennis Kirk and got them the next day. I would say two weeks is irritating but four to six weeks is beyond reason. I will not order from this company again and I would advise that no one else order from them. It took an excessive amount of time to get my original order and it is taking an excessive amount of time to get an RMA. Overall I would rate this company as sub-average and totally unconcerned with customer satisfaction.

Now it could just be a fluke where I am getting a crap load of run around but as of this writing i would say order elsewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
iamjustifyd
Rough Writer

iamjustifyd will become famous soon enough

Any word on your gloves yet? If you got the new ones, how do they work?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
roadster

They finally arrived Dec 30, never got any tracking information. I am satisfied with the gloves FXR Fuel black 300gram thinsulate on teh backs and 150 gram on teh palms. They are warm and do keep my hands warm. Still I believe if I need to buy any more winter gear I'll shop elsewhere. They staff is pleasant if you can get through to them on the phone. Don't try email they just ignore those unless you are ordering. Prices are fair to better than retail. Just be aware that they may take a long time to get your product and even longer if an RMA is needed.