Partshark - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Forums > Reviews & Opinions

Reviews & Opinions Post reviews or opinions on any motorcycle related product or service.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Virus_Of_Life
Master At Arms

Virus_Of_Life is on a distinguished road
Default Partshark

Anyone have any experience with Partshark.com?

I am not impressed thus far! I placed an order late Sunday night, today is now Thursday and not only has it not shipped yet but they don't even have the parts in stock!! They said they're expecting them next Tuesday so if I am lucky and want to pay additional shipping for 3day I could, possibly, have them here by the END of NEXT week.

Is this typical for a part supplier to not have the parts in stock? Of the 4 things I ordered, they had 1 in stock.
Virus_Of_Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
rexmitchell
Administrator

rexmitchell has a spectacular aura about

I always call and ask before I order parts, that way you can know if they have them or not. Bikebandit.com is not always the cheapest parts place but they usually have the parts and almost always please their customers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett
rexmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
Virus_Of_Life
Master At Arms

Thanks Rex, I should have called I just figured they'd have them. Hadn't came across Bikebandit yet but I'll check them out in the future and may see if I can cancel the other order. I just would have thought they'd email me or something if it was going to be THAT long.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
rexmitchell
Administrator

If you are that upset about it call them and demand a refund due to not having their products in stock. Again Bikebandit.com isn't always the cheapest but they get the job done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
SuperSherpa197
The Cool Joker

SuperSherpa197 is on a distinguished road

Partshark was formerly Flatout, and Chris that works for them is one of the best guys in the industry to work with. he overnighted a shift shaft to me for no extra charge once we both realized it would ship from GA to IN and then back down to GA.

if something isn't in stock or backordered, it's never the fault of the company you're dealing with.

"Hello guys and gals,

As a lot you may know me and some may not. I worked for
Flatoutmotorcycles.com and they have sold there internet part of the
company to ecommerce company called PartShark.com www.partshark.com and I
wanted to tell everybody about this new company. As you can figure I have
moved with this company to manage it. Partshark will offer o.e.m parts
fische and the same low prices. We will also sell aftermarket parts and
tires at great prices. We have a larger staff to help out more and take
orders. We have launched the new web site. So come take a look at the new
place.

You can contact me at the following toll free: 877-999-5686 phone:
765-813-3966 emails: chris@flatoutmotorcycles.com (I will still have this
email for awhile) chris@partshark.com

P.S. Make sure you have a safe and wonderful 4th of July

Flat Out Motorcycles
8118 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46219

SuperSherpa197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
Virus_Of_Life
Master At Arms

^ Funny you should mention Chris! I just got off the phone with him. They got the things in today and went ahead and upgraded me, free of charge, to UPS 3day select because when I previously spoke to someone else there I had mentioned I needed it by the end of this week. He told me they normally have the tank bag I ordered in stock, I just happened to order at the right (wrong) time.

Anyway, while I am still a little taken that I had to wait for the parts I'd say they did what was necessary to keep me satisfied and I would order from them in the future. Also I did an online search ahead of time and found a 5% off coupon, something to keep in mind if you're considering ordering online as a lot of these online retailers have various coupons out there. Just as an example I've ordered things from the MLB shop online and have always managed to get at least 15% sometimes 25% off. Again these are things that I cannot find at a local retailer.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
rexmitchell
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSherpa197 View Post

if something isn't in stock or backordered, it's never the fault of the company you're dealing with.
How do you figure? If someone says they have a part in stock, then you order it and its back ordered, it is their fault. In stock means in stock, they have possession of it or can guarantee shipment. Its directly the fault of the company if they don't inform consumers that the product they are ordering will take 3 weeks to ship.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #8
SuperSherpa197
The Cool Joker

i think you kind of answered your own question there.....if they have a part in stock, then it's obviously not backordered or out of stock, and therefore if it is out of stock/backordered, it should be shown as such on their website.

if demand outweighs supply it is never the fault of the guy that's waiting for supply to fill the demand. such is the life of a middleman.......

Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
mdhwoods
Verified

mdhwoods is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
How do you figure? If someone says they have a part in stock, then you order it and its back ordered, it is their fault. In stock means in stock, they have possession of it or can guarantee shipment. Its directly the fault of the company if they don't inform consumers that the product they are ordering will take 3 weeks to ship.
i agree. It is the job of the middle man to inform his clients the the part they ordered are out of stock. They choose not to, that way they can try and salvage the sale. How many of us would by if when we selected it the screen said back ordered? We would go search and find someone who could supply it when we want.

I feel it is an industry wide practice to not inform us of the back order until after the order is placed and they have out money. We are then less likely to go through the hassle of canceling the order and searching for it in stock somewhere else. They know this and take advantage of it. Bike bandit is just as capable of doing just that as it has happened to me.
mdhwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
mdhwoods
Verified

mdhwoods is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSherpa197 View Post
i think you kind of answered your own question there.....if they have a part in stock, then it's obviously not backordered or out of stock, and therefore if it is out of stock/backordered, it should be shown as such on their website.

if demand outweighs supply it is never the fault of the guy that's waiting for supply to fill the demand. such is the life of a middleman.......
with the way technology is there pos(point of sale) systems can update with live inventory. It is says in stock it should be in stock. I think his issue was there system said it was in stock when he ordered, and only after it was processed did he get an email stating it was out of stock.
mdhwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
SuperSherpa197
The Cool Joker

i agree that there's no excuse, but things can always get mixed up when human error is concerned. see: my current ordeal with tireexpress.com .......

Old 10-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #12
suzukirf900
Registered

suzukirf900 is on a distinguished road

I have just recently dealt with parkshark. The part came in about a week but it was damaged. Now i am having a bad time in getting it replaced. I am getting a feeling they don't like dealing with returns.
suzukirf900 is offline   Reply With Quote