My encounter with the Pagans MC - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Stories

Motorcycle Stories Behind every motorcycle there is a story.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
badinfluence63
Banned

badinfluence63 is on a distinguished road
Default My encounter with the Pagans MC

Back in the early 1980's I rode with a 1%er club with only a handful of chapters. One year we were attending the Myrtle Beach drag races and for some reason no one at the gate bothered to make issue of wearing our colors although the sign said "no colors". At that moment we hadn't all gathered yet and our group were early and the first of us to arrive. So we all headed under the shade of a grove of trees to shake off the days ride and chat amongst ourself.

Some how and in the distraction of that we all came to notice we were surrounded by about 80+ Pagan MC members standing with there colors thrown over there shoulders. They were more then a little ****ed off because they were denied entrance unless they took off their colors but here we were with our colors on. And they didn't know if we were freind or foe. They wanted to know what was up with that and who were we and what were we all about. Being the spokesperson for our entourage I spoke with their president and explained where we came from, that we try to mind our own business (in other words I was aware of the big push the larger organizations like Pagans, Hells Angels, Outlaws and Banditos had on to absorb smaller clubs like ours and had defly avoided that thus far). And unlike them we tried to take our wives and children with us where ever we went on a run like this. Most of the Pagans there thought that was way cool and wished that they did that too. So the ice was broken, we shared some of our food and drink with them, took a group photo or 2 and realized we had possibly dodged a bullet. Before we parted ways we exchanged club bubsiness cards and which I still have today.

In the brief time we spent talking amongst each other I became rather fond of those guys. I heard everything gangland series had to say about them but once they felt comfortable and not threatened by us it was all good. Everyone was respectful towards the woman folk and enjoyed bantering with the younguns. The whole experience was a fond memory.
badinfluence63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 06-14-2009, 04:55 AM   #2
SuperSherpa197
The Cool Joker

SuperSherpa197 is on a distinguished road

see: my other reply. pointless 'you're not in my clique!!!' BS. i'm really glad we don't have this crap around here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SuperSherpa197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
badinfluence63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSherpa197 View Post
see: my other reply. pointless 'you're not in my clique!!!' BS. i'm really glad we don't have this crap around here.
You do you just don't know it.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
SuperSherpa197
The Cool Joker

SuperSherpa197 is on a distinguished road

really, where i come from there's 3 types of riders: squids on gixxers, sport touring guys like myself, and the horribly disorganized cruisers. i know what you're saying, but what little 1 percenter's we have can't even organize a bike night, much less anything else.

i suppose what i meant is it's nowhere near as common as it is in larger cities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SuperSherpa197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #5
SOTMC
Registered

SOTMC is on a distinguished road
Default 1% ers

Put A Patch On Your Back With Mc On It And Your Territory And I Gaurintee Youll Find Out There Are Alot More 1% Around You Than You Thought. Their Whole Buisness Is Being Secritive
SOTMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
GI Jack
Sickle Punk

GI Jack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSherpa197 View Post
really, where i come from there's 3 types of riders: squids on gixxers, sport touring guys like myself, and the horribly disorganized cruisers. i know what you're saying, but what little 1 percenter's we have can't even organize a bike night, much less anything else.

i suppose what i meant is it's nowhere near as common as it is in larger cities.
where I am from you see three-piece outfits on sports bikes.(as in no cruisers at all of any sorts).
Old 11-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
NINEGEAR
new to motorcycles- i dont know much

NINEGEAR is on a distinguished road

where i come from there are no clubs. just fat guys on harleys. and fresh out of bootcamp squids who buy a bike because its cheaper and sexy. my x girlfreinds brother whos a marine got to stay home longer because he wrecked his ducati trying to look sexy for jailbait.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
dovick

dovick is on a distinguished road

OMG clubs are everywhere from big cities to small outposts. They hide very well, but as the earlier post said, fly some colors, social or not, and they will find you. I'm a member of a nationwide club, not 1%, and we run into them here in Dallas, Texas.

To the original post, were you a true 1% OMG club and still brought women and children on rides like that?
dovick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
NINEGEAR
new to motorcycles- i dont know much

NINEGEAR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovick View Post
To the original post, were you a true 1% OMG club and still brought women and children on rides like that?
yeah i kinda wonder that too

1%ers are suppose to be the badguys right?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
benny hedges
Veryfried

benny hedges will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINEGEAR View Post
1%ers are ?
prospectors - as in, can i be in your gang please???
benny hedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
badinfluence63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovick View Post
OMG clubs are everywhere from big cities to small outposts. They hide very well, but as the earlier post said, fly some colors, social or not, and they will find you. I'm a member of a nationwide club, not 1%, and we run into them here in Dallas, Texas.

Why would you not want to bring your wife and children to the all Harley Drag races and the beautiful beaches of Myrtle Beach? Are not all people allowed to enjoy themselves with their families in America? Are all 1%'s suppose to kick ass and f'up everyone every where they go? You do if you're stupid. We had no beef with anyone, didn't want no beef with anyone and minded are own business. In hind sight perhaps it wasn't the smartest thing to do but when you are 24-25 whatever those concerns didn’t equate to be a problem. In planning the weekend get-away we thought it was a good a time as any to bring the wife and kids. Got hotel rooms along the beach front, took in the scene and basically came and went without incident. Everyone had a good time. What ever happend to doing what everyone says your not suppose to and doing it with the ones you love?

It had been difficult staying neutral with all the beginnings of assimilation by bigger groups of smaller groups at that time. I realize in today’s ever tightening hold by the bigger groups no one flies a patch without the blessings of who ever. When you are in the country and on the outskirts of Pagan/Outlaw/HA territory we didn't ask anyone anything because we didn't want affiliations with any one or the other. We crossed the bridges when we got to them. We had done it successfully on a number of occasions over the years. We had dodged an earlier bullet with the HAMC in Raleigh. That had gone well too.

As the original post explained once the Pagans dialed in on the situation I don't think they felt in danger(they had us completely out numbered and in spades) and shortly thereafter they were visibly wishing (shaking their heads in agreement and commenting positively on the matter) that they could bring their families with them on some occasions because they spent too much time away and the ones that had significant others would love to be around the wife and kids more. The Pagans have bigger fish to fry. We were neither enemies nor allies. No threat.

Life got crazier later and the choice of family versus club became an issue, I chose family. I'm not embarassed to say that ultimately it wasn't for me. I think I am a better prson for my decesion to stick with family. I had met to many losers who had ****ed away marriage after marriage and forgoing the responsibility of any children they may have procreated. Didn't make sense to me then or now. No disrespect meant for some of the guys who manage to maintain a modicum of family with success. I reccomend not trying to do both. You will end up having to chose.

Whats a true 1%? Even the big 4-5 1% clubs don't embrace the true implied meaning of 1%. Some hold jobs,pay taxes, rent mortgage etc like everybody else. If they weren't so hell bent on fighting and killing amongst themselves or major drug abuse, maybe they too could take there families on motorcycle related acrtivities without worry of reproach.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 11-09-2009 at 11:32 PM..
Old 04-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
zenjamin
Verified

zenjamin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Whats a true 1%? Even the big 4-5 1% clubs don't embrace the true implied meaning of 1%. Some hold jobs,pay taxes, rent mortgage etc like everybody else. If they weren't so hell bent on fighting and killing amongst themselves or major drug abuse, maybe they too could take there families on motorcycle related acrtivities without worry of reproach
I know some 1%ers.
All of them are great guys. And my Ex (who I am still best friends with) grew up with them.

And ya. Every club has a large segment of it that is more laid back then you might think.

If only 1% of riders are affiliated with a violent orginization, then only .1% are real players towards that clubs negative image. (though they do have the final say).
zenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote