Gas coming from carb tube help!! - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Repair, Building, and Restoration > Motorcycle Repair

Motorcycle Repair Having trouble fixing your motorcycle? Just lay it out for our shadetree mechanics.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
TimR1981
Registered

TimR1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Gas coming from carb tube help!!

I just got a 93 yamaha virgo 1100. The bike tipped over on its right side and now gas flows from a hose coming out of the carb when I start the bike and while it runs(the hose comes out the left side of the bike). Its not a drip but a pretty good flow. Does anyone know what could have happened or have a solution for my problem. Thanks alot for your help.
TimR1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
iamgumby
Fallen Riders

iamgumby is on a distinguished road

See your post in Yamaha
Old 09-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
poppaul
Verified

poppaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR1981 View Post
I just got a 93 yamaha virgo 1100. The bike tipped over on its right side and now gas flows from a hose coming out of the carb when I start the bike and while it runs(the hose comes out the left side of the bike). Its not a drip but a pretty good flow. Does anyone know what could have happened or have a solution for my problem. Thanks alot for your help.
It seems like the float needle hung up in the carburator.
Try tapping the carburator with a blunt handle of a screwdriver or hammer handle, it might reset the needle if not the carburator has to come off for the repair.
poppaul is offline   Reply With Quote