Honda CB350 K3 - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturers > Honda > Honda Motorcycle Wiki

Honda Motorcycle Wiki A wiki for collaboratively creating articles about anything related to the Honda brand of motorcycle

Old 09-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
Guy
COUNCIL MEMBER

Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Honda CB350 K3

Honda CB350 K3

General Information:
  • Sell Date: 1971
  • Rel Date: 02/08/71
  • Product Code: 317 (Middle number of Honda part numbers)
  • Frame number: CB350-3000001
  • Engine number: CB350E-3000001

Available Colors:
  • Derby Green Metallic
  • Gold
  • Ruby Red

Features:
  • Gas tank is one color with a black and white stripe, no wing, hinged cap.
  • Side covers and emblems are new. (Note: side covers unique to this year)
  • Seat is hinged on the left hand side, new pleat design.

Info originally from now-defunct Honda350K.com
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Guy
COUNCIL MEMBER

Cool My 1971 CB350 K3

I own a vintage K3. These bikes are very common, since they were the best selling commercial motorcycle of all time, due to their low initial price and ease of modifying.

I find the turn signals are tough to keep running, mostly because of their location on the back of the bike, and the way they poke out like Bing Crosby's ears. Passengers tend to smack them hard with their feet when mounting the bike. The stalk and buckets are made of metal, which helps them stand up to the abuse, but I replaced mine with bullet lights mounted off of the tail light. The flasher is current-run, so no replacing them with LEDs unless you add in a controlling circuit.

The carbs have a tendency to overflow, and require careful maintenance on a schedule. Running a bit of seafoam through them helps, if done once at the beginning of the season. Never leave old gas in the tank, as this almost guarantees a carb cleaning or rebuild. Luckily, carb rebuild kits are plentiful and very cheap. Check the rubber boots for dry rot and cracks, especially underneath. Small tears can be super-glued until new boots can be located.

If you're thinking of buying an old CB350 twin, check the clutch pushrod seal. If yours is near the sprocket, they get a lot of gunk and wear out, causing a good bit of oil to leak out. You can change the seal without cracking the case, but it's a pain to do.

The brakes are drum, front and back. Pads run 18K miles easily, and if you're not brake-happy, can easily run 25K before needing new pads. They work well, unless they're overheated, in which case they fade away.

These old twins will not win any races (unless you're racing other old twins), but they're stable, can easily get over 70K miles with religious maintenance, and are very reliable machines. They make an excellent (cheap) first bike, and can run highway speeds with no problems. Top speed is 102mph, but that's pushing things. My bike averages 65MPG when running at 55mph, and drops ten MPG when running on the highway.

These bikes are fun, and it's worth having one to play with if you have room in the garage.

Last edited by Guy; 09-12-2007 at 09:32 AM..
Old 09-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
crxfreak
Registered

crxfreak is on a distinguished road
Default cb350 parts?????

he how u doin? my name is brandon. i have recently aquired a 71 cb350 that is need of some restoration.. nothin major but i do need parts.. i was wondering if u knew of any places across this country that would part available.. i have already searched the dealerships.. they have discontinued wut i need.. i am looking for exhaust pipes, point, spark andvancer, etc. do u know of anywhere? thank you for your time please get back to me with any information u may have that could point me in the right direction..

thank you

brandon
crxfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Guy
COUNCIL MEMBER

Pipes are tough to find, and expensive. Some folks have straight pipes made, and some add slip-ons. Points are easy, I just picked up a set on eBay for $15. Actually, eBay will have most of what you need, plus places like oldbikebarn.com. Hope this helps.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
Uesque

Try Norm's, they've been around since your bikes were new:

http://www.normscyclesalvage.com/
Old 10-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
CrystalCanole
Verified

CrystalCanole is on a distinguished road

This is my favorite bike out of four i got. I buy alot of parts off ebay and the local junk yard. CL is not been to good to me for parts.
CrystalCanole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
inewtons

inewtons is on a distinguished road

I recently acquired a CB350 as well that's in need of some serious engine work. eBay and some local craigslists will be filled with parts for the bikes.
inewtons is offline   Reply With Quote