How to rebuild an engine? - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Repair, Building, and Restoration > Motorcycle Repair

Motorcycle Repair Having trouble fixing your motorcycle? Just lay it out for our shadetree mechanics.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
eschatz
Music Teacher

eschatz is on a distinguished road
Default How to rebuild an engine?

I'm thinking that I may need to rebuild my engine. How much time/cost does it take to do this yourself. I have most any tool at my disposal barring specialized tools for these things. Does anyone know of a thread or walkthrough for this online? My bike is a 80' CB750C.
eschatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
DoC_DaR
Rider

DoC_DaR is on a distinguished road
Default rebuild

I found some info I hope will be helpful. I can not post actual links so you will have to add the http part in front of the web address.

forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=29364.0

The educational aspect of the rebuild would also be of great value if you plan to keep and maintain a bike from this era.
DoC_DaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
CMHN
Verified

CMHN is on a distinguished road

Get yourself a good manual. Haynes or Clymer manuals are good. I believe if you search you can find some free manuals to download. I got one for my CB360 and its pretty good.

I like to look on Youtube for info also. There are a lot of people that put builds on there.
CMHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
eschatz
Music Teacher

eschatz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC_DaR View Post
I found some info I hope will be helpful. I can not post actual links so you will have to add the http part in front of the web address.

forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=29364.0

The educational aspect of the rebuild would also be of great value if you plan to keep and maintain a bike from this era.
Thanks for the link.

I totally agree with the idea about the educational aspect of this. I'm off for about 5 more weeks this summer so I've got plenty of time. (middle school band teacher)
eschatz is offline   Reply With Quote