Motorcycle Forum banner

Engine and Carb Treatment

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  papapol 
#1 ·
I just cleaned out my carbs and rebuilt them on a bike that has sat for 2 years. What is the best engine/carb treatment i should add to just clean it out better?
Any suggestions or review on what you have used

#2 ·
Carb cleaner

I just finished with my carb that sat for about 25 years and it was pretty nasty. Went down to Autozone and bought some store brand 1 gallon parts cleaner and a can of carb cleaner. I removed all of the needles and stuff and sunk it in the gallon for about 24 to 30 hours. Then sprayed it down in all the valve openings with the carb cleaner then sprayed compressed air throough it. It cleaned it up real good except the float had to be replaced due to corrosion. But this worked for me and now runs great. I'm not sure this is what you were asking but I hope it helps.

#3 ·
Just go down to your local Mao-Mart, Autozone, NAPA, Etc. and get a 16 oz. can of
Berryman liquid carb cleaner and put half into your fuel tank.
Run a few tanks of just gasoline and use the rest another time.
About $3.30 per can.
I have been using that brand carb cleaner, to rebuild carburetors for over 35 years, it works! ;)
It also works in the tank. :thumbsup:

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.