Motorcycle Forum banner

2000 1100 rt

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Porky 
#1 ·
I looked at this bike yesterday, it would be my first BMW . It is in good shape, 44k miles. It is leaking oil out of the drive shaft hub. Anyone have a $ idea for remove and repair? He is asking 4500$ but am undecided. Thank you in advance for any insights.
Hawken

#2 · (Edited)
Here is a sample of prices. http://www.cycletrader.com/search-r...315626&model=R1100RT|764956805&trim=RT|24840&

BMW's are very reliable bikes, but the repairs/parts do tend to be spendy. It seems to me that when comparing pricing, there should be no repairs needed and the tires should be pretty new as well if the seller expects anything close to that price. You should be able to get a dealer quote for changing that hub seals, and figure that in to the price.

#3 ·
First you have to determine the source of the leak. The repairs on the drive shaft and final drives are an easy do it yourself thing and parts are readily available. Post your questions on any number of BMW bike forums for probably better answers.

I've had 5 BMW\s and love them!

Sam:coffeescreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.