Motorcycle Forum banner

Which bike would you choose? (Please tell why in a post)

• Kawi 636 (05/06)

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Honda CBR600rr (07+)

Votes: 18 51.4%

Honda CBR600rr or Kawasaki 636

21K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  Weehls 
#1 ·
Yes, another one of these threads.

So the bike I had is probably going to get totalled by my insurance, meaning I will be in the market for a new bike. yay

The two I really have my eye on are the Honda CBR600rr (2007+) and the Kawasaki ZX6r 636 (2005-2006). If I could find a Daytona 675 for a similar price around here, I'd consider it too, but they are 1) hard to find and 2) more expensive when you can find one.

So, I've sat on both before and they both felt just fine and comfortable for me to sit on. I haven't ridden either one before though.

636 in either green or blue: I like the green just a smidge more than blue, but it's so hard to find matching gear in green; there's plenty of blue gear around.

My preference of CBR is the 07 White one, they're hard to find but I have located about 3 in the state:

I'd do a lot for a Leyla, but there is only one for sale in the state and the guy wants $10,000 for it; ridiculous

Obviously the CBR would be newer by a few years no matter what, since I'd only want the 07+ model, and the Kawi I'm looking at the 05/06. This shouldn't make much of a difference though right? Since they're both reliable and good motors and bikes.

Lastly, how much does it cost, on average, to have a sportbike repainted? Say if I find a slamming deal on a good 08 CBR in red, and want to repaint it a Leyla inspired scheme.

See less See more
#5 ·
I'd go with the 636 all day long. Way more desirable engine. Better midrange and I also personally just like the looks better. If you're spending 7k on a 636 though, you are spending way too much, unless its literally showroom new with less than 1k miles. Thats the only way I'd give 7k for an 05/06 636...

#12 ·
I think I would have chosen the Kawasaki, only because I already own a Honda and a Yamaha.
Now, if you had included the VTR-1000, there would be NO question what I would have picked.
Have fun with the new CBR, and keep the knee scraping (at the track... on the street, be more sensable lol)

#22 ·
No regrets at all. The more I test ride other bikes (friends, bike week, demo trucks rolling through town, etc.) the more I love my bike and the happier I am with my decision. :D The biggest thing I love about my bike that I can't find in any similar bike is the low and midrange power; I love the way my power band is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.