Motorcycle Forum banner

Why We Ride

15K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Tobacco Road 
#1 ·
A new documentary film is being shown in limited release that is all about why we ride.

Billed as a story about the journey and not the destination, Why We Ride looks at the history of motorcycling and delves into individual reasons for riding and the feelings we have as riders.

The independently produced film covers topics from a kid's dreams of riding coming true to a retiree's return to the freedom of the road. There are families that spend time together riding together on the sand dunes and tales of hundreds of choppers riding together through canyon country.

The movie seems to cover a wide field of different types of riding and the differences in riders themselves. The shared bond that brings all riders together is the love of the sport. The trailer can be seen below.

Why We Ride is currently being shown in the US in limited release. It is scheduled to be released internationally in 2014. A DVD release is scheduled for the holiday season. Several of the venues currently playing the film have been sold out at this time according to the film's website.

[Why We Ride Film]

See less See more
#4 ·
I saw this and it was a cool movie, but not what I expected. I guess I expected more "regular" folks being interviewed about why they ride and what it means to them. It was actually interviews of famous motorcycle people, their particular motorcycle sport and why they and their family ride, as well as a history review of how motorcycle sports came to be.

I'm not knocking it, it was a good movie, but the title of the movie is a little misleading if not taken in context of the people being interviewed, who aren't introduced by name until you read the credits at the end of the movie. Worth seeing if it's coming to your city.

#13 ·
I received the movie from a friend for Xmas and watched it the other day. Pretty cool; covered many different types of riders and bikes, a bit of history, and some cool events.

In the north we need s something to fuel the addiction through the long winters; motorcycle movies and books do a bit to fill the void.

#16 ·
From what I can decipher, sara mistakenly used the word "filling" when she meant feeling, but that's how some of today's kids spell the word. And fly is a slang term that I heard back in the late 80's maybe early 90's that means "good looking" or "really cool or hot", if referring to a hot chick. It was popular for awhile but now not so much. Just a guess...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.