Motorcycle Forum banner

Ride Like a Pro

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  louturks 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about picking up this DVD. Been watching a few of his videos on Youtube, and I think this is something I really need to work on.

I've been practicing a bit of slow speed stuff at work during our slowest hours (3-4 am or so) on occasion by riding around the gas pumps, but I think some real instruction would be invaluable. I may be on a sportbike, but I'll really feel good as a rider when I can handle the bike really well at lower speeds.

Anybody watch these DVDs and practice what's taught in them? Any thoughts? How do you feel about applying these techniques while on a sportbike?

#2 ·
Here's some instruction. Don't let your boss catch you riding while you should be working :tongue:

Watch for spills around the pumps, oil and gas is slippery. I've never watched the DVD but I've watching some on u-tube. I think it should be applied to all bikes not just big cruisers. We have to make u-turns and I don't wanna fall in the middle of the street:thumbsdown: When you get a chance make sure to practice your emergency braking also. I have a big lot over here, get up to 30-45 and hit the brakes. Try not to lock them but if you do, front tire you can release the brake and squeeze again. Back tire, do not release the brake, just hold on and keep her straight as you can.

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?p=711480#post711480

He has some great videos!!

#4 ·
iamjustifyd is right, good tips for all bikes. The conditions are just greatly exaggerated on a big cruiser, just because you can't use your body weight to shift the bike as much. Some of the techniques even work on dirt.

#5 ·
Riding around the pumps is definitely dangerous. Oil and gas spills, but also the tires have worn the pavement very smooth, ... and slippery. Bad spot for practice.
But I think the "Ride Like A Pro" series is very good. All the good control techniques for slow speed.
And they help you with control for all speeds.
But you do have to get out and practice it. Not on the job, but go to a parking lot which is empty.
dc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.