Motorcycle Forum banner

First time over toll bridge

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  johnnnyo 
#1 ·
I'm taking my wife on her first trip over a toll bridge, she has her Easy Pass mounted on her wind shield and she is so excited. Anyone with any first time crossing toll bridge stories.

#3 ·
Yep. I went to San fran. in 1972 with my new wife. We hit a toll road or bridge or something like that. Coming from Idaho I had no clue. I handed the toll taker a twenty, and got my ### chewed out. My change was is quarters and a few dollar bills. LOL, hey its hard to take the dust off a Mountian Man.

#7 ·
She made it over the bridge and through the toll with ease with no issues other than being in first gear the whole way due to heavy traffic. Coming back was a little better with less traffic. It was a nice new experience for her. She likes to follow so after the bridge I got up front which makes me constantly look in my mirrors for her. At one point I looked back and I see a mini van changing lanes into her lane pushing her over like she wasn't even there. She did good by not panicking and she laid on her crappy stock horn to no avail and finally throttled ahead of the idiot. I was so mad watching that and wishing it was me. I would have had a nice mini van mirror as a souvenir. ;) Its time to order the air horn I've been looking at. She has Vance and Hines pipes and guess thats not loud enough.

#9 ·
the van thing...is the part I don't like....and holding up traffic paying....some people just don't care....hope it makes her a stronger rider and she just marks it up to experience....

#8 ·
I remember the first time crossing a toll bridge, it was a fun and different experience it was a grated one and old in WV....cool.

I may get one of those passes to make it a smoother experience....digging around for money....it was an unexpected bridge ...

Hope your wife has fun....

#10 ·
I am of the opinion that tolls should be waved for motorcycles.

To further this aim I suggest that all motorcyclists at tolls stop at the booth, cut the engine, remove the full face helmet and earplugs to talk to the attendant, ask the booth occupant if they are really charging tolls for motorcycles and what the toll is, remove gloves, unzip outer jacket, unzip inner jacket and extract wallet, drop same, climb off bike and set on sidestand to retrieve wallet, sincerely apologise to attendant for delays while explaining in unnecessary detail where you are from and that you didn't really think they would be charging a toll for motorcycles, pay toll, put change in wallet, pocket same and zip, zip up jacket, insert earplugs with great attention to good fit reseating as necessary, replace helmet, replace gloves, climb on bike, lift kick stand, have difficulty starting bike (not easy on modern bikes), rev engine, study engine/ fuels tps for a moment, ride off.

Repeat at next toll booth.

#11 ·
+1
You don't do that already??? :coffeescreen:
You should take that moment to check your tires also!!!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.