Motorcycle Forum banner

Have you ever...

6K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  4Raven 
#1 ·
Let's play a game of motorcycle "Have you ever"!!

As the thread goes on, (assuming it goes anywhere) just quote and answer as many questions as you want, but be sure to ask your own!

I'll start us off..

Have you ever sneezed inside your FF helmet?

I have not, thankfully.

#35 ·
Anyone (besides me) lay a bike down
checking the oil sight glass?
At least it mine went down gently
in the soft grass.

Other good ones I've done:

Flick the kill switch but forget
the key.

Overflow the gas tank. (Watching
the hot chick at the next pump.)

Have "extra" parts after a repair, and
have to do it again.

Put the kickstand down on toes.

Kick the pillion trying to mount. Lose
balance and fall down.

#38 ·
MeadowH....I wish I rode with you....I think you would be a barrel of laughs!!! LOL:coffeescreen:

Iamjustifyed....yes my clothes have "shrunk"....but I started putting them on right after xmas....so I would feel guilty and had a goal for my New Year's Resolution!!!

#40 ·
Couple of mine that happened in the last couple months:

1) Read the wrong newspaper for a weather report and wore my "warm weather" gear and ended up getting dumped on 5 minutes into my commute to work and had to work all day with a soaking wet crotch.

2) Had a 50 MPH or so gust of wind blow my tank bag right off the tank and onto the shoulder of the highway. Luckily the wind was great enough to blow it completely out of traffic. First time my tank bag has ever been blown off my tank.

#47 ·
Have you ever taken a moment to hock a loogie in the morning only to realize you have the face shield down?

In my case, yes. Numerous times. Generally right after I get it spotlessly clean and completely transparent. I'll be on the bik ready to go to work, getting ready to depart the driveway, snort, turn, spit, and splatter......

aaawwww man!!!!

#48 · (Edited)
Second try,

1) Hang helmet by strap from handle bar, won't fall and hit shifter this way

2) California gas pumps have the stupid EPA type handles so can't over flow or completely fill for that matter, unless bypassing by using 2 hands requiring full attention anyways.

3) Never had any parts fall off, but right mirror came loose and in slow motion swung down at an angle pointing towards the ground.

Question: Have you ever had something silly break mid-corner?

Had hairpin type springs under my seat snap dropping my butt about 2.5" and had to ride 60 miles over rough mountain roads with a hard tail frame set up (ouch). Replaced with coil type springs and so far so good (and no it's not because I have such a fat a$$ either, 210lb's).

Hey porange, really enjoying this thread, and apparently so are a lot of others, good job.

#49 ·
I agree- this is great! I'll stick to the yes side...
1- sneeze in ff...yes thankfuly dry
2- stall...I did on a hill in rushhour traffic once
3- bugs... bees IN my helmet
4- crowded...yes always, been caught a few times adjusting a pinch
5- gloves befor helmet... way too often, usualy at gas station
6- bat... no, birds yes
7- pants caught peg...yup, embarasing too
8- forget to downshift... uh, yeah
9- blinker... once getting on highway, another rider informed me

So has anyone forgot the sunscreen on an early morning ride...only to get a burn/white line that afternoon across the forhead? happened to me a couple years ago going to Detroit for the fourth of July.:eek: 3:00pm it appeared suddenly

#50 ·
Hey porange,

not to try and highjack the thread, but would like to add another question.

What is the stupidest motorcycle question you have ever been asked?

I'll start: From wife "Can't you put snow chains on your bike and ride in the snow?"

It should be pointed out I live in the mountains and ride on roads that are dangerous even to cars, especially when icy, and I don't have a death wish.

#52 ·
Ok, I'll add my embarrassing moment - have you ever come to a stop at a traffic light where the road has deep depressions from the heavy truck traffic, put your foot down and found nothing but air? Needless to say, the slow tipover was in front of the biggest audience I've ever had at that intersection ...

I actually caught it as it reached about halfway over. And I might have been able to hold it and get it back up IF I could have gotten my left leg over the tail bag strapped to the back ... and as I stood their in that position and contemplated how to get my leg over the bike the hamstring muscle in my right leg went "zoink", at which point I said "EF it" and let it drop the rest of the way ...

Only good thing was the bike came down on the bar end and the depression in the road actually prevented any significant bodywork from touching the ground. A scratched bar end was the only damage (except the damage to my pride).

jZ

#53 ·
Ok, I'll add my embarrassing moment - have you ever come to a stop at a traffic light where the road has deep depressions from the heavy truck traffic, put your foot down and found nothing but air? Needless to say, the slow tipover was in front of the biggest audience I've ever had at that intersection ...

jZ
Yes it has happened to me, crazy embarrasing. Luckily only damaged my pride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.