Motorcycle Forum banner

Projects

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  TCO 
#1 ·
Why is it when you have a project to do, bike, car, house...whatever, you can see it in your mind. You know how you want to do it, you know what you need to get it done and it should take about however long tops. You get started and nothing goes as planned!! :mad: There is too much wire, the tool you need (that you just used last week) is not where it's supposed to be, the bolts you bought are too long, can't really put off the job cause it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow etc!
Anyway, the power outlet is in tho:thumbsup: When I get back from vacation or if it doesn't really rain tomorrow I'll get a short bolt. Nah, prolly not till I want to take it off. I'll just get bothered again hehe

#3 ·
Always:wink:

Here's a house project story:
August in Ohio. My nephew is using a bobcat to pull out the old bushes at the corner of the house....and all of a sudden the ac dies. Turns out my uncle did some of the wiring for the house back in 1970 (before i was born), and the line connecting the ac to the fuse box is a bare line...outside the house...about 8 inches underground. oy. what a summer that was.

#4 ·
I guess that's how you learn some things. Next time maybe measure how long of a bolt will fit in there best, don't leave tools out or mom will "put them up" and you never see them again, if you know it's gonna rain get an early start and not feel rushed...sigh

#5 ·
I guess that's how you learn some things. Next time maybe measure how long of a bolt will fit in there best, don't leave tools out or mom will "put them up" and you never see them again, if you know it's gonna rain get an early start and not feel rushed...sigh
LOL! :D
If my Wife "puts something away", they VANISH FOREVER!!! :mad:
I did not know that she was a magician when I married her. :tongue:

Eric :)

#6 ·
my project for the summer is clearing out the 30X40 garage that dad filled up. When my dad passed, I got the garage (sort of, I live next door to my parents, and it's in their back yard) but I have to move out a wrecked 1968 Ford truck, a wrecked 1978 Fiat convertible, a non running 1967 Ford Falcon Futura, and his 1963 Ford Galaxie. Then I have to sell the lift he bought (I despise 2 post car lifts) and get a good 4 post lift bought and installed, and get all my brother **** (he thinks it's a storage shed) put up in one place, get the workbenches placed, get power out to it, and start doing more of my own maintenance on the family vehicles.

once I get started I will post pics in the garage thread.....

#8 ·
If it makes you feel any better, last night my wife wanted to move a shelf up on one of our new kitchen cabinets I installed last week and it didn't have the little peg holes for that particular level she wanted. So I got the drill out planned the locations and drill size, everything. Then the first hole I drilled, I drilled right out the side of the cabinet that faces everyone at eye level walking into the kitchen. So now there is a nice visible blemish in our new $10K cabinets. Happens to us all.

#17 ·
Thanks. The "sinking" feeling was more of watching the drill go through and wondering how I was going to explain to the wife about what I just did to her cabinet.

The good news is that I hadn't even installed the crown molding or shelves yet and just quietly took it off the wall and exchanged it with a sister cabinet that opened the same direction about 3 cabinets down (which I also hadn't done much with other than screw it in). So I was able to swap them out and it just causes a couple holes in the back of the inside (since the studs were in different locations) and my mistake ends up being hidden since it sits next to another cabinet. :)

So no worries. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind for the next phase here if I make more mistakes.

#22 ·
I wish I could find that viral email that went around about a day in the life of a retiree.

It started out he needs to run to the store, but while looking for his keys he sees some bills that need to be paid, can't find his check book, but notices the lawn is dieing from lack of water but he can't find the new sprinkler he bought to water it with and it just goes on and on until at the end of the day he still hasn't made to the store, the bills are not paid and the lawn is still dieing. I'm not retired yet, but gees!. I have whole weekends like that sometimes.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.