Motorcycle Forum banner

Just another "I almost got ran over" rant

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Hawkeye 
#1 ·
Normally, when I get off of work at 11pm, I sit and wait for a few minutes for the parking lot to clear out before leaving, but for some reason I didnt tonight and now I remember why.

Our business is located in an industrial park and we have this one main road (actually a city street) that goes between all our buildings that is also shared by a much smaller company on the one end of the road.

I pull out and see that someone lost some 2x4's on the street so im fixating on riding around them more then whats really farther down the road. And just to see better and make myself more visible I throw my high beam on temporarily.

Im on my ZX6R (my suzuki is having an electrical issue atm)

Well this dumb ass bitch pulls right the hell out in front of me turning left from the parking lot on the right side of the road (leaving the other company's parking lot). IF there would have been someone coming the other way I would have been screwed, but she would have hit them too I suppose.

I swerve hard left onto the shoulder, and barely avoid her... and the messed up thing is that this bith didnt even ****ing stop even after I was in front of her, I swear her eyes where closed...

Mind you at this time I didnt know the driver was a young (and pretty attractive) woman.

I look over my shoulder and see that she stopped on the side of the road (also noticing all the rubber on the street from my rear tire).... OK im really ****ed off, and I mean really mad, it would have been different if she started to pull out, saw me and stopped.... but no it was almost like she was actually trying to drive over me.... plus being a professional driver it irks me even more when I come accros someone that cant drive...

Did I mention I was so ****ed off that I was shaking a little? I figure screw it, Im gunna drag this SOB out of his F-ing car and beat the **** out of him... so I spin around (almost getting hit AGAIN because someone wasnt paying attention enough to see that I was panic stopped on the wrong side of the road), I fly up to the car the almost smashed me ready to hit my kill switch and drag this mofo out of his car.... then I see that is a woman driving it.

This bith actually had the nerve to smile and wave at me... she just about f-ing killed me and your waving at me? Well im not about to beat the **** out of some defenseless (and hot as hell) woman on the side of the road at work, so I just yelled at her "you wanna look where the F@#K your going!" at her and sped off.

God it really ****es me off when people pull **** like that.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yesterday I had a car turn left onto a main street using that middle divider used for turning as a merge lane, and I can just sense that this guy can't see me, so I slow down a bit. Sure enough he would have merged right into me if I hadn't started slowing sooner. I've only got a few hundred miles under my belt so I'm new, but I just assume they are out to get me. One of the reasons I wear all my gear. The guys at my jiu jitsu class give me a hard time sometimes, saying that I'm coming in with my "suit" on. I don't know what's wrong with protecting yourself!

#5 ·
I don't know what it is (maybe the weather). But people were driving like **** yesterday here too. I didn't have any problems with traffic all year so far. Yesterday a car tried to merge into my lane as I was going by, another turned left in front of me and yet another pulled out from the right in front of me. Luckily I was able to see them early enough and make room.

#6 ·
Sort of unrelated but I figured I'd post this here for sh*ts..

So they repaved a road and intersection near downtown, one that I traverse every day on the way to work. Well, when they redid the intersection the lanes don't match up straight across anymore. So, with two lanes going in the same direction, the right hand lane people drive straight into the left hand lane, and the left hand lane has no where to go.. they REALLY need to put some lines down in the intersection. It's been like this for days and it's crazy dangerous

Green Line Plot Diagram Text

The green is where you're supposed to go, the red is what people actually do. I mean, it's not that hard to figure out when you're driving through it but people are idiots

#7 ·
I think I'm going to have a chat with the Plano Police sometime this week and tell them that if they would like to write a LOT of tickets, they need to sit in my neighborhood and wait for one of my stupid neighbors to blow through a stop sign. NOBODY that lives on the street behind mine obeys the stop sign at the end of their street, so when I ride by on my way out of the subdivision, they just cruise right through the stop sign and out on top of me. Happened again this morning. The idiot was all the way out into the intersection and headed the same direction as me before he even realized I was there, bright light and horn blaring in his back window. THEN he slows down, and he had the nerve to stop for the next stop sign. People are such idiots. Thankfully I saw him approaching the stop sign, and he didn't even think of applying the brakes. I SO wish there'd been a cop sitting on the street.

#8 ·
People complain if they get a ticket, and they complain about the police writing too many tickets.
As you can see, the police should be out there and write about 10 times MORE tickets, what with these idiots out there.
Sometimes it seems like there are certain days where they are all driving crazy.
Atmospheric pressure or something.
The only thing we can do is watch out for it. When they can do something wrong, they will. So, watch out for yourself.
dc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.