Motorcycle Forum banner

Question on extending mirrors out further

927 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Progress 
#1 ·
Quick question I wanted to throw out there as a longtime rider but new member to the community, and maybe someone out there would have a good idea how to guide me.

My mirrors only extend about 3"-4" towards the outside from the inside of the grip (thus putting them about directly over my hands on the grips).

Whenever I look in the mirrors I can't see traffic behind me, I just see my shoulder, or if I turn it out further I just see the shoulder of the road behind me and not the traffic behind me.

Is there an inexpensive way to extend those mirrors out a couple more inches so they'll get past my shoulders and I can keep them directed to I'm seeing behind me without seeing, well, just me?

I've looked online and I don't see extentions to the screwed on mirror bar, and it's hard to tell what online mirrors (which sell for a pretty penny as custom mirrors do) would go out much further than mine anyway. Any thoughts? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.