Motorcycle Forum banner

what was your first honda ? mine was

99K views 446 replies 389 participants last post by  Porky 
#1 ·
a 74 MT250 Elsinore I found a picture of 1 just like it the other day, wow what memories flooded thru my mind as I looked at it, then found a youtube video of some1 riding the MT250, the sound of the bike is still fresh in my memory bank as if it was yesterday that I last rode my MT250

[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine was a '77 Z50, mini-trail bike. I too have a lot of fond memories of riding it.

For two or three summers I rode all over mountain back roads in Northern California with my grandfather.

I remember when I got it, I was eight and over excited. My grandfather went over how to operate it, where the breaks were, gear shifter, etc. I started it up shifted into gear and too off like a bat out of hell, promptly forgetting how to stop it! LOL!! At least I had the where with all to let off on the accelerator and was nearly stopped when I dumped it before I hit the tree.

Ahhh the memories. :D

I would love to post a picture of one like it but can't yet.

#433 ·
My dad bought the 50 SS in 1964 for $50 that was a frame and a bushel basket of parts. Two weeks later after a LOT of help from my older brother-in-law, it ran great. However, it consumed almost as much oil as a 2-stroke bike. I've been riding ever since and I'm riding a Honda now.:wink2:

#20 ·
First bike

Mine was a Honda 125. The one that looked like a baby Harley. It's been so long ago I don't remember exactly what it was called. But it was a good little bike to learn on.

#48 ·
Mine was a Honda 185. The one that looked like a baby Harley. It's been so long ago I don't remember exactly what it was called. But it was a good little bike to learn on.
I think it was called a Twinstar but I still can't remember the year. I'm guessing a 1971 model cause I got it because of the first gas shortages. That's a long time ago.

#22 ·
1974 Honda CB750 four. Orange tank and side covers, White full fairing off a goldwing and a black trunk. Ran like a top but ugly as ...... Was first bike - bought it off local tv weather man that he rode around his farm. that was back in 1990. Kept it for a year - good memories on that ugly son of a ..... Remember once when riding down the road the head light fell out and caught by the wires so no need to stop I stood on the pegs and reassembled the light in the bezel while rolling down the road... good thing I had cruise lock on her... and carried a screwdriver in the fairing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.