Motorcycle Forum banner

Victory's New Bikes

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  prider 
#1 ·
I stopped at a Victory dealer yesterday and looked at the new Cross Roads they had. I didn't ride it despite the dealers offer, but it is a very impressive bike. The Cross Country is comparable to a Harley Street Glide or Road Glide. The Cross Roads is the same bike as the Country, minus the fairing and a few other minor items.

Now I love my Harley and will look at another one seriously when I am ready to get a bigger touring type bike. But now this Victory has me going. For less money you get much more power, steel brake lines, LED lighting, inverted forks, a lot more space in the bags (which are easily detachable), standard cruise control on the Country, and a plethora of other small items. Like the HD, they are very simple when it comes to maintenance. In fact with the Victory, about the only thing you can't do in your garage is the fuel mapping, and you need a special clutch tool for clutch work.

The draw for me is the bikes are assembled in Iowa, and the engines are made in Wisconsin. They are a real American bike just like the Motor Company's fleet. That appeals to me. American bikes are as much emotional for me as they are mechanical. It is strictly my opinion, and no offense to anyone, but I just don't feel that emotional value on the imported V-twin cruisers. I am going to seriously look at these two bikes when it is time.

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-out...lide-vs-2010-victory-cross-country-89044.html

See less See more
#2 ·
Victory is an alternative to the Harley for sure. The parent company, Polaris, has been around building good quality off road products for years. My, and others, only problem is the styling. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan Arlen Ness since his early days but, the man needs to sharpen his pencil in my opinion. The swoopy lines and the fine finish of the bike almost looks fake or plastic in some ways. For me it lacks character in it's appearance. But then again, I'm Old School.
Capt.

#5 ·
Victory Info needed

I also stop by a Local Victory dealer on a lark and found a really nice 2009 Vega. Felt nice , liked the distance from the seat to the pegs. Just don't know much about them if anyone has any experience or history it would be appricated.:coffeescreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.