Motorcycle Forum banner

'88 K 75 performance

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jimnto 
#1 ·
Can anyone with experience share their thoughts about the K75' everyday performance? The bike will be a commuter, occasional highway pleasure rides, etc. Not so much concerned about top speed, but wonder if I'll have enough performance to feel confident on the highway? I ride one up only. My wife will be buyng a Kawasaki Versys in another week. I've heard that the Versys may be a bit quicker, especially on acceleration but that's not a problem. Also, does anyone know what BHP is? And where I might find a shop manual? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
The 87 is what I just started riding, and it does fine on the highway. Keep in mind I am very new to motorcycles, but I felt like highway speeds were incredibly easy for this bike. The fastest I have ridden at length is 75mph, and that took no effort at all. There was a lot of throttle to spare. Speeding up to get out of a blind spot happened almost as quickly as I could will it. I never felt like I wished there was more power.

#5 ·
Also, does anyone know what BHP is?
Brake Horse Power is the effort produced measured at the flywheel. It does not take account of any friction losses in the transmission. So BHP at the wheels will be substantially lower, and varies from car to car.

#9 ·
I have a 1987 K75, it is smooth beyond imagination and very peppy with a very pleasant power band....I have taken it beyond 100 mph indicated for a quarter mile and it still had lots to go.....it is so nimble and agile that I will never get rid of it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.